Tua's Heisman Campaign watch - Page 8
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team CoachInWaiting's Avatar

Re: Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

I think that the Heisman voters are sophisticated enough to know that Tua's numbers are going to come in less playing time than some others. If they want to use numbers as a justification to vote for someone else, they will and nobody can stop them from doing it.
    ​They said Bear Bryant walked on water....Nick Saban swims through land.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Oops didn't see that this was already a thing. Mods can go ahead and delete the other one

Here's a couple of stats to look for. Alabama single season passing record for TDs is AJ at 30 (Heisman runner-up) and 3,487 yards by Blake Sims. Right now, Tua is on pace to have 3,099 yards and 36 TDs in 12 games. The competition will get tougher, but he should also get more playing time as that occurs. This sets Tua up to be breaking Alabama records in the SECCG for example.

Anyway, if people want to talk stats, I see those as significant. This is the school that had Namath and Stabler, along with a slew of QBs who got Heisman votes (AJ, Gilmer, Lewis, Trammel, Davis, Barker and Sloan). If he has what could definitively be the best season from an Alabama quarterback ever, I think that will go a long way.

Edit: I'll put this here to https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns/1413507002/
    Last edited by KrAzY3; September 25th, 2018 at 06:13 PM.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

Is Tua a Heisman lock?

Because it sure seems that way right now.

Re: Is Tua a Heisman lock?

I think he and the rest of the team just need to stay healthy.

Through 4 games Tua leads the nation in both Pass Efficiency Rating and Total QB Rating so he should be the favorite.

http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/...t/individual/8

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Based upon the USA today article Krazy linked, he wins in a landslide if he keeps doing what he's doing.

And, I honestly think his passing yards per game will go up and his completion percentage might come down slightly when we get to the meat of our schedule, but better competition. I suspect he'll get more throws/minutes against St., LSU and Auburn. He'll eventually throw a few picks, but his TD numbers could go up with more minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_N_Va View Post
    Football is a team sport, Please, stop the Heisman talk...
    *EyeRoll*

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Heisman talk this early is rat poison. Let's just play the games.

BamaNation Second Team Jay Hughes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    Heisman talk this early is rat poison. Let's just play the games.
    It is not rat poison for me as a fan unless I am impacting the team through my thoughts somehow. On second thought, maybe you are correct. Well, no. 😂😂😂 These comments actually make me laugh out loud!

TUA FOR HEISMAN!!!!! Roll Tide!!!!!!

Will y'all drop the 'rat poison' and 'too early to talk about it' bits? If people want to discuss it, it's not an issue. he thread is eight pages long already as people find it interesting, and as far as I know not a single current player is a member here.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Will y'all drop the 'rat poison' and 'too early to talk about it' bits? If people want to discuss it, it's not an issue. he thread is eight pages long already as people find it interesting, and as far as I know not a single current player is a member here.
    But Nick Saban said this is rat poison. Plus, at Alabama we don't win Heismans; we win Championships!
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    if my thoughts on bama football in any way had an impact on the performance of the team and/or players we would have had national championships with dubose, fran, and shula.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon