Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Heisman talk this early is rat poison. Let's just play the games.
It is not rat poison for me as a fan unless I am impacting the team through my thoughts somehow. On second thought, maybe you are correct. Well, no. 😂😂😂 These comments actually make me laugh out loud!

TUA FOR HEISMAN!!!!! Roll Tide!!!!!!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Will y'all drop the 'rat poison' and 'too early to talk about it' bits? If people want to discuss it, it's not an issue. he thread is eight pages long already as people find it interesting, and as far as I know not a single current player is a member here.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Will y'all drop the 'rat poison' and 'too early to talk about it' bits? If people want to discuss it, it's not an issue. he thread is eight pages long already as people find it interesting, and as far as I know not a single current player is a member here.
But Nick Saban said this is rat poison. Plus, at Alabama we don't win Heismans; we win Championships!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
if my thoughts on bama football in any way had an impact on the performance of the team and/or players we would have had national championships with dubose, fran, and shula.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Heisman winners usually either have unreal numbers or they're the best player on the best team. Tua will have both... And for those that are worried about "volume" stats, don't be, the unreal efficiency of Tua will be enough. The narrative is already in his favor, he's easily the front runner.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
One thing that's been a pleasant surprise is the fact that Tua has 0 Int's through 4 games. We all thought we'd have to live with more turnovers with Tua at QB. Gary Danielson even thought that during his interview before the season. So far we got the TD passes without having to sacrifice ball security.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Kyler Murray threw for over 400 yds and 6 tds today against Baylor. As long as he keeps putting up these kind of numbers I think the heisman voters will give him an edge over Tua. Not saying I agree with it, but stats matter when it comes to winning this award.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Kyler Murray threw for over 400 yds and 6 tds today against Baylor. As long as he keeps putting up these kind of numbers I think the heisman voters will give him an edge over Tua. Not saying I agree with it, but stats matter when it comes to winning this award.
If Tua keeps winning, Alabama fans are not going to care about this award.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Yeah voter love stats.
If you figure points, yards, TD's per minute played, Tua is far ahead of the rest.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Tua may be our Deshaun Watson, where even though he’s the best player in CFB, he may not win the Heisman for some reason.
Doubtful, but I'm not losing sleep either way.

The reality is we all know that if Tua played for 3.5-4 Q/game he'd be a shoe-in.

But as much as my competitive spirit hates it, I have to admit that CNS's method putting the game away then substituting secondary and tertiary (...) players to gain experience is the most intelligent way to proceed.

IOW, Tua might not win the Heisman, but I have no worries that he he won't leave Bama after year three with three NC rings. Somehow, I'll figure out how to deal with it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.