Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
It really depends on where WVU is. If they are 13-0 then Im going to say Will Grier gets it over Tua unless Tua breaks some serious records.
WVU has a history of choking in seasons where they are in the National conversation. I expect them to lose to both TCU and Oklahaoma and someone they have no business losing to and finish 9-3.

Tua will have comparable gaudy numbers against much tougher competition and we will most likely be 13-0. That should be enough to take Grier out of it and especially if bad play on his part plays a role in 2-3 losses.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
So you think that what people post on Tidefans directly affects how the players perform?

Feel free to discuss what you want, but I'm a bit less superstitious.
So, we may have to agree to disagree, but I think in 2010 the players did listen to all the hype, it was ALL over social media and ESPN talking heads went on and on about it. So yes, I do think it affected the players. I may be wrong, but I don't think so. If all you hear is how great you are, one tends to get an ego problem....

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
ehhh. You are on the SEC Rant Alabama website with a similar username aren't you?

What you think about Tua now?
I wouldn't bet $300 on this if I were you!!!!

As to what I think about Tua? I think our O stank last year, its not the kind of football I like to see. Told my buddies at halftime of game against GA if Tua starts second half, we have a chance... I wanted a "different" style of O last year about mid season...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I really hope some of you don't use the phrase "rat poison" in everyday life like you do when it comes to talking Alabama football.

"Teacher said I was doing well in class, and she's proud of how I'm doing!"

"Listen, kid... Don't believe that rat poison nonsense!! Go to your room and study another 5 hours!"

Last edited:

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
I really hope some of you don't use the phrase "rat poison" in everyday life like you do when it comes to talking Alabama football.

"Listen, kid... Don't believe that rat poison nonsense!! Go to your room and study another 5 hours!"
I don't, trust me. Some things are only worth it for major items... In work, things are "nit noise"...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

"Anderson, that was a great job completing that software rollout last week, keep up the good work!"

"Gee thanks boss, but that kind of talk is just rat poison. I'm just going to get my nose back to that grindstone."

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
the best player on the best team usually wins the heisman unless the best teams dont have a standout, dominant best player. Tua has a much better shot to win a heisman right now than Ingram did at this point in the year. He's definitely the most likely player in the SEC based on that criteria. I think we'll have a lot better idea in 3 or 4 weeks though.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think he likely gets an invite. But it's going to be hard to put up the numbers needed if he is going to be taken out of the game so early. If our defense has some struggles then he will have a better chance.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
If Tua wins the Heisman, can you imagine that level of interest we will start getting from the best QB prospects in the nation. It's the one position we haven't been able to sign under CNS consistently...but this could change all that.
I will have to respectfully disagree with this. We have been getting one of the top QBs in the country every year. Rankings and ratings dont always pan out. But Bama has not failed to sign the best of the best QB prospects for several years.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I am not stupersticious or anything but I always hold my breath when I see threads like this. The kid has been a phenom since he stepped on campus and finally we get to see him light it up. But dude is only one game into his career as a starter and he has already missed some time this year due to an injury. He plays with reckless abandon which I love but man, seeing him lie flat on his back right after his first touchdown pass Saturday night had me pacing. Let us all pray that the young man makes it through the season unscathed because he will be targeted all season.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
despite being pulled i think he can still have the numbers. We have WR's streaking all over the field and Tua is able to get it to them. He will have several games where he has 3 td's at halftime.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The bottom line is that Tua's Heisman campaign will intersect with where we want the team to be. As long as Alabama's undefeated and he has incredible efficiency, he can be in the discussion.

I'm not sure many people remember this because of his regression, but Gary Danielson got on the broadcast before the Auburn game and called Hurts a darkhorse Heisman candidate. That was fairly accurate to, put his numbers next to Khalil Tate, one of the leading candidates this year. Tua just needs to have good games on big stages and he'll have a legit campaign, he doesn't need to throw for 4,000 yards for 40 TDs.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I hope Tua wins all the prizes. But's a little early yet.

Let's revisit after UTe, and see how things stand. Revisit again after LSU.

It'll be serious then. Or not.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
It’s entirely possible if...

1. Tua stays healthy
2. Tua plays past 3rd quarter in blowouts (Assuming Jalen doesn’t cut into his stats/PT)
3. WV doesn’t play for a Big XII Title, killing Grier’s chances
4. Bama fatigue doesn’t dominate the player awards at the end of the year

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I hope it is clear by the Tennessee game that Tua is in the thick of the race and Saban lets him go off and post better or at least comparable numbers to Grier's.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
The bottom line is that Tua's Heisman campaign will intersect with where we want the team to be. As long as Alabama's undefeated and he has incredible efficiency, he can be in the discussion.

I'm not sure many people remember this because of his regression, but Gary Danielson got on the broadcast before the Auburn game and called Hurts a darkhorse Heisman candidate. That was fairly accurate to, put his numbers next to Khalil Tate, one of the leading candidates this year. Tua just needs to have good games on big stages and he'll have a legit campaign, he doesn't need to throw for 4,000 yards for 40 TDs.
Which he very well may. Maybe not the passing yards, but it largely depends on how games go.

I agree with your premise. If Bama keeps winning, and he consistently performs as he's capable, it is almost a given he'll be in NY. He has that "it" factor. We all see it.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Which he very well may. Maybe not the passing yards, but it largely depends on how games go.

I agree with your premise. If Bama keeps winning, and he consistently performs as he's capable, it is almost a given he'll be in NY. He has that "it" factor. We all see it.
At this point I would be shocked if he ends up without an invite. Obviously its way to early but if he plays like he has so far he will get an invite. He can defintiely win it while only throwing for 200 yards a game and 3 total tds but it will be harder if someone like Grier puts up 400 yards and 5 TDs consistently while also have WVU as a top 10ish team. Grier would need to have some bad games against teams like OU

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.