Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I dont see Tua being 100% the rest of the year. That would take 3-5 weeks of no impact. He is going to play if he can so no chance of sitting out for that long in mid season. We will just need to protect him as much as possible and no running him. Strained knee and the way he grabbed the back of the knee. Thats from the weakness in front as well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I dont see Tua being 100% the rest of the year. That would take 3-5 weeks of no impact. He is going to play if he can so no chance of sitting out for that long in mid season. We will just need to protect him as much as possible and no running him. Strained knee and the way he grabbed the back of the knee. Thats from the weakness in front as well.
If he sits vs TN he would have 3 full weeks of rest before LSU.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My issue is that without Tua we go from being leagues better than the #2- #4 teams in the SEC to slightly better. I would love Tua to get the Heisman, but not at the cost of a national championship. We aint Auburn, Heisman trophies are just icing on the cake and not existence relevance markers for our program. If he is still favoring that knee then I wouldn't be opposed to started Jalen to get us to the off week.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I'm one of Tua's biggest fans.... like almost John Doe level man-crush and I don't give a flying flip about the Heisman anymore for the time being.

I just want to get Tua back as close to 100% as possible. Our entire Championship aspirations hinge on him being the Trigger Man that makes the Offensive show click.

Worried about Smitty too for that matter......and Ruggs III.

I'm kind of hoping CNS starts Jalen against Tennessee. Let's beat them as ugly as possible.....I can even deal with a close loss if that 2-3 week break get's Tua back to being fully healthy.

We could hypothetically survive a cross division loss to them and win out and still make the playoff as 12-1 SEC Champs.

We cannot afford a Pyrrhic win against them where Tua aggravates his knee again or makes it worse to the point it hobbles him the rest of the way.

Maybe I'm overreacting but this is worrying to me. Even as much as Jalen has improved there is an EXTREME drop-off in Offensive production when Tua leaves the game.

He makes us 20-30 Points better per half. This year's D while improving needs our Offense to carry us overall going forward. If we become almost 1-dimensional again it's lights out on this season.

Forget the Heisman, forget Tennessee,..... the #1 Priority is getting Tua Healthy.
Completely agree. Tua's injury and Devonte's and Rugg's injuries concern me alot. Our season (making the playoffs) depends on Tua's health. Let him sit for practices this week, and most of the TN game, then get him ready for LSU. TN and LSU will know he can't run well and will also try to hurt him again.

We can beat TN with Jalen and Mac. Not sure we win at LSU without Tua.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
We're still the best team in the country without Tua...The gap closes quite a bit, but we're still on the mountain top...Let's pray that we never need to find out...RTR!!!
Completely agree. Tua's injury and Devonte's and Rugg's injuries concern me alot. Our season (making the playoffs) depends on Tua's health. Let him sit for practices this week, and most of the TN game, then get him ready for LSU. TN and LSU will know he can't run well and will also try to hurt him again.

We can beat TN with Jalen and Mac. Not sure we win at LSU without Tua.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We're still the best team in the country without Tua...The gap closes quite a bit, but we're still on the mountain top...Let's pray that we never need to find out...RTR!!!
Agree, but you would have to develop a whole new identity as a team. Hard to do in the middle of a season.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
If I had to choose I'd rather win the War than 1 battle.

I'm not saying I expect or want a loss but IF it happened and the trade off was Tua being 100% I could deal.

The National Championship is on the table at 12-1. It's not on the table no matter our record if Tua is out of commission.
It's likely he will play the first quarter of ball and then JH will go in and show what we know he is capable of.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
It's likely he will play the first quarter of ball and then JH will go in and show what we know he is capable of.
Kinda what I am wondering..............despite some rumors, I think it possible he come in a score a few, then turn it over to Jalen...............don't really know, but I want to win this game and go into the bye week to rest

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
iIn the game versus Mizzou, it is obvious the ball was sailing on Tua as he was not able to step into the throw like he normally does. His accuracy is uncanny when he can utilize his complete throwing motion. A short game vs. Tennessee followed by a couple of weeks rest and treatment before the LSU game.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The injury is still hampering Tua, the supernatural accuracy is just really good when he's dealing with it. Going forward the knee will be something to monitor but I'm hoping that the bye week can get him closer to 100%. Right now his knee is pretty much the only exploitable weakness in the Alabama offense.

Anyway, despite another lower than normal accuracy game, Tua still finished with a passer rating of around 200 and a QBR of 93.7. For the sake of comparison Haskins had a QBR of 63.3 in a blowout loss. Haskins stats at this point are looking like empty stats. Tua has distanced himself from the pack and his knee (or some other injury) seems like the only thing that could keep him from winning.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I know that Tua has had some beautiful throws but that pass today to Waddle was as pretty as any he has thrown. He may have won the Heisman with that throw!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know that Tua has had some beautiful throws but that pass today to Waddle was as pretty as any he has thrown. He may have won the Heisman with that throw!
When you consider the wind, the high crown on the field and the tight coverage, I think it was his best pass yet.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
The 3rd quarter pass to Ruggs was beautiful also, because he could have just bailed on the throw, but he stood in there in the face of the rush and delivered a strike.

Don't like him taking those shots win a game is decided, but it's what the great ones do.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That one was a beaut but he's winning or losing the Heisman in November. He's in the catbird seat right now though.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
We talk a lot about his throws(rightfully so) but the way he moves in the pocket is just amazing. He just dances around pressure.

If an NFL team wants to turn around their franchise they need to find a way to draft both Tua and Jeudy. They work so incredibly well together.

I think Tua probably wins or loses(I think wins) the Heisman vs LSU and then maybe the SECCG. It depends if OU and Ohio State win out or not (not convinced either do). But right now it's clear he's the best QB in college and it's not all that close.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
There were some radio guys in Atlanta talking about Tua. All of them agreed that Tua has not had his "Heisman moment" this year. They say he had it last year in the title game and the voters will use that in their decision.

Side note: They still say his name wrong. They continue to pronounce his last name the way it is spelled. These are actual sports radio guys. It is their job and they must hear it a lot. At this point I am convinced they are doing purposely. They are total homers and are also convinced Alabama is going to lose to 7SU because 7SU must be so much better since they beat UGA. They think UGA will get a second chance against 7SU and beat them handily. Now there is an afternoon guy, that thinks no one is beating Alabama at all and UGA fans and all fans need to accept that. I don't think he is from Georgia or has any association with them. I think he is a clempson guy. Until yesterday his belief only Ohio State could have matched Alabama point for point, but said they had "issues".

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There were some radio guys in Atlanta talking about Tua. All of them agreed that Tua has not had his "Heisman moment" this year. They say he had it last year in the title game and the voters will use that in their decision.

Side note: They still say his name wrong. They continue to pronounce his last name the way it is spelled. These are actual sports radio guys. It is their job and they must hear it a lot. At this point I am convinced they are doing purposely. They are total homers and are also convinced Alabama is going to lose to 7SU because 7SU must be so much better since they beat UGA. They think UGA will get a second chance against 7SU and beat them handily. Now there is an afternoon guy, that thinks no one is beating Alabama at all and UGA fans and all fans need to accept that. I don't think he is from Georgia or has any association with them. I think he is a clempson guy. Until yesterday his belief only Ohio State could have matched Alabama point for point, but said they had "issues".
I don't pay attention to homer stuff like this, but if I did:

If LSU's defense is good enough to beat Alabama and LSU's defense was good enough to totally crush GA already, what do you have to be smoking in order to believe that GA is capable of beating them in a rematch?

I think that GA needs to focus on getting to the SECCG right now. They have the same kind of problems that OSU has. Both teams have been exposed.

LSU is legit, but they cannot beat Alabama if Tua is healthy in the game. Alabama wins by 20+.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don't pay attention to homer stuff like this, but if I did:

If LSU's defense is good enough to beat Alabama and LSU's defense was good enough to totally crush GA already, what do you have to be smoking in order to believe that GA is capable of beating them in a rematch?

I think that GA needs to focus on getting to the SECCG right now. They have the same kind of problems that OSU has. Both teams have been exposed.

LSU is legit, but they cannot beat Alabama if Tua is healthy in the game. Alabama wins by 20+.
I think there is something in the water here that makes people idiots. I am fortunately immune from it because I was raised in Alabama. Plus I drink bottled water.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.