Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Really all Tua needs to do is just keep being himself and being the best QB he can be. He does that and the Heisman is probably his imo.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Tua will win the Heisman IF he is given enough playing time. My concern would be that coach pulls him too early in games before he can put up the big numbers needed.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Tua will win the Heisman IF he is given enough playing time. My concern would be that coach pulls him too early in games before he can put up the big numbers needed.
If he and Jalen both play in most games, Tua may not have the numbers this year for Heisman--next year he will definitely be a candidate if he stays healthy.

I would rather him lead BAMA to another National Championship this year if it was one or the other. He does need to stay humble and tune out all the good noise about him from the media. I think he will do just that.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
If he and Jalen both play in most games, Tua may not have the numbers this year for Heisman--next year he will definitely be a candidate if he stays healthy.

I would rather him lead BAMA to another National Championship this year if it was one or the other. He does need to stay humble and tune out all the good noise about him from the media. I think he will do just that.
This is my thought as well. His numbers will be good, but he may not play very much into the 2nd half of games. I think he may only get a couple of drives in the 2nd half this coming week if the game goes like I think it will.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
There's no doubt he'll be in the race. It might hurt him in getting pulled in blowout wins. But, hopefully the voters will take note of that.

BTW, a Bama player winning the Heisman is good for the team...especially the extra attention that is brought in and it certainly helps with future recruiting.

If Tua wins the Heisman, can you imagine that level of interest we will start getting from the best QB prospects in the nation. It's the one position we haven't been able to sign under CNS consistently...but this could change all that.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think What Tua needs to do is focus on what he can control and that's to play well, run the offense as he's being told to. Heisman will take care of itself. The schedule we have this year.. he just need to have a heck of a game against Ole miss, TAMU, Auburn and LSU and he might be in talk for the trophy.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
His numbers are fine and he's right on schedule to be in the race. I mean he barely played half the game and is still on pace to break the Total Yardage and TD records...lol

We'll have plenty of games for him to play 3+ quarters once SEC play starts.

I especially look for Game 3 against Ole Miss to be a competitive shootout. Their Offense is legit too.... I can easily see Tua playing that whole game and going 'Madden on them with 450-500+ Yards and 5+ TD's.

He'll go off on Texas A&M and Missouri soon too....

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Don't click on the link if the discussion bothers you.
I remember some years ago Ingram and Richardson were having a good year and all the talk for the week leading up to the South Carolina game was what their nicknames would be, Salt/Pepper, Fast/Furious, etc. I remember Bama getting blown out too, the score never reflected the true domination or total lack of focus from the Bama side. I'll tell you one thing, didn't hear any talk about nicknames after that game and hence why I'm not liking Heisman talk THIS EARLY in the year. Its just another form of Rat Poison to me...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I remember some years ago Ingram and Richardson were having a good year and all the talk for the week leading up to the South Carolina game was what their nicknames would be, Salt/Pepper, Fast/Furious, etc. I remember Bama getting blown out too, the score never reflected the true domination or total lack of focus from the Bama side. I'll tell you one thing, didn't hear any talk about nicknames after that game and hence why I'm not liking Heisman talk THIS EARLY in the year. Its just another form of Rat Poison to me...
So you think that what people post on Tidefans directly affects how the players perform?

Feel free to discuss what you want, but I'm a bit less superstitious.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yep. Ingram and Richardson having nicknames is the reason Alabama lost to South Carolina that day.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Tua is firmly in the Heisman discussion and should remain so, although it’s a very new season.

In a way, he had his “moment” on 2nd and 26. It catapulted him into this year. He’s getting a lot of attention nationally.

It’s the name, his charisma, his playing style. Add to that he could orchestrate a nearly unstoppable offense for the front-running #1 team as they try to repeat...yeah, I like his chances a lot.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
He will win it as long as his playing time isn't messed up. I don't like the rotation scheme but, you know, I'm not Nick Saban. He's forgotten more about the game than I will ever know.

I agree, Grier at WVU is his main competition at this point. But I take caution with WVU QBs. I remember Geno Smith setting the world on fire for about 5 weeks a few years ago and then he fell off the map. Proceed with caution on the Mountaineers, but the Big 12 is OU/WVU and literally nothing else so there's that.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
We won’t see Jalen playing meaningful snaps this season unless Tua gets hurt. What Tua did Saturday was perfect. He was flawless, but left us wanting more while someone else was playing. The Heisman isn’t all about stats. It’s about moments, and I think Tua will have plenty of those.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
He will win it as long as his playing time isn't messed up. I don't like the rotation scheme but, you know, I'm not Nick Saban. He's forgotten more about the game than I will ever know.

I agree, Grier at WVU is his main competition at this point. But I take caution with WVU QBs. I remember Geno Smith setting the world on fire for about 5 weeks a few years ago and then he fell off the map. Proceed with caution on the Mountaineers, but the Big 12 is OU/WVU and literally nothing else so there's that.
I think it's going to be Grier. I don't think Tua will get enough playing time and we will have too much of a running game. WVU could end up in some shootouts because their defense can't hold up. So he'll stay in the full game and throw for 500 yards and 5 tds. Tua will throw for 200 yards, 2-3 tds and leave the game at halfttime because the score will be 35-7 or something.

If our defense starts letting people score, it actually increases Tua's likelihood as he'll have to stay in the game to keep the scoring margin in our favor. If we stay healthy on defense, I don't like his chances.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
I don't think his playing time and gross stats will matter as much as what he does with the snaps that he gets. If he is as efficient as he was last Saturday and continues to make highlight reel plays several times a game, and if the team takes care of business, he will be in New York at the very least. He already has a reputation around the country for being Mr. Clutch. 2nd and 26 will do that for you.

But like others have said here, and I bet Tua would agree, what matters is winning the Natty. Heisman is just the cherry on top.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.