Did Ben Davis See the Field?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Every single non-injured scholarship LB other than Davis and Parks played Saturday and with parks not at practice early yesterday it's looking like he might be dinged up.

With him not even playing special teams while a lightly recruited Moody and a two weeks on campus Kaho getting in, something is up.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I believe Ben is a redshirt soph (?). If so, still has some time, but it`s more and more looking as if this was a real miss. More than a little puzzling considering how highly regarded he was coming out of HS. Another one of those things about which you would love to be proven wrong.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Still rooting for him. He has been a model citizen. His dad has acted how you wish all parents of 5 star kids who don't play right away would act.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Maybe he can put on 30 lbs. and help us on the defensive line.

Kidding not kidding.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I believe Ben is a redshirt soph (?). If so, still has some time, but it`s more and more looking as if this was a real miss. More than a little puzzling considering how highly regarded he was coming out of HS. Another one of those things about which you would love to be proven wrong.
Agree - to make a parallel, McMillon was getting time once the game was in hand last year as a redshirt soph. Others got that opportunity against UL but Davis did not.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
Every single non-injured scholarship LB other than Davis and Parks played Saturday and with parks not at practice early yesterday it's looking like he might be dinged up.

With him not even playing special teams while a lightly recruited Moody and a two weeks on campus Kaho getting in, something is up.
Im starting to think one of the cheerleaders has a better chance at starting LB than Ben does. :rolleyes:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
According to the participation chart published on rolltide.com, Ben did not play.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Did you know that in the time it takes to brush his teeth, the average TideFans user will have thought "Hey, what's going on with Ben Davis? I'm rooting for him but it's starting to look like he's a bust... maybe he's in the doghouse... played in a lower classification... maybe the light will come on... he was a 5-star, what gives?" fifteen separate times?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
The participation chart is on page 5: Ben Davis, jersey # 1, is not listed. I didn't see him on the field, but I wasn't looking for him either. I'm not questioning you, just relaying what was published by the University - please correct them if they're wrong.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/rolltide.com/documents/2018/9/1/18CWK.pdf

If the link doesn't work, the document is available on the football schedule page at rolltide.com

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.