Could CNS Lose the Team by Playing Jalen?

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
It is a moot point. He is not going to start over Tua. Playing him at all? I think that is a non-issue. I think Coach Saban plays him where he believes it will help the team.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Why would we even entertain such a statement at this point of CNS’s career. The players have wholly bought into The process, or they are gone. Period. If he tells them that Jonah should start at QB, They will be onboard. Because the team trusts that he knows what he is doing. Period. Most ridiculous Statement ever! Actually, I am waiting for Raekwon to line up at QB in the wildcat one day. 😎

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Why would we even entertain such a statement at this point of CNS’s career. The players have wholly bought into The process, or they are gone. Period. If he tells them that Jonah should start at QB, They will be onboard. Because the team trusts that he knows what he is doing. Period. Most ridiculous Statement ever! Actually, I am waiting for Raekwon to line up at QB in the wildcat one day. [emoji41]
Nothing about this squares with reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Nothing about this squares with reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What doesn’t square with reality is the talking heads making outlandish comments , trying to get a rise out of a fan base. These guys are just trying to separate themselves from the other 100 s of sports channels, and sports talk radio shows, internet sports outlets. I’m just sorry Greg has had Finebaum as a kind of mentor in the field of sports journalism. Talk about not squaring with reality!

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
Why would we even entertain such a statement at this point of CNS’s career. The players have wholly bought into The process, or they are gone. Period. If he tells them that Jonah should start at QB, They will be onboard. Because the team trusts that he knows what he is doing. Period. 
By supposedly knowledgeable accounts, several of the wide receivers were close to a revolt last year when it became clear that Tua was the better qb. I mean, they were doing their job and getting open but not getting the ball. Some of those same sources say that if Tua hadn't gotten to prove himself by the end of the year he'd have been gone, and so probably would have more than one of the young receivers.

Young elite players these days are more likely to totally buy in if you do what you say you will do. If you say the best player will play, then do it.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
By supposedly knowledgeable accounts, several of the wide receivers were close to a revolt last year when it became clear that Tua was the better qb. I mean, they were doing their job and getting open but not getting the ball. Some of those same sources say that if Tua hadn't gotten to prove himself by the end of the year he'd have been gone, and so probably would have more than one of the young receivers.

Young elite players these days are more likely to totally buy in if you do what you say you will do. If you say the best player will play, then do it.
I really doubt that all would of transferred knowing all would be starters this year, especially with the receivers being put in the league from UA. I think you are oversestimating players ‘these days’. I hear that from time to time, but I listened to a lot of interviews with Bama players over the summer. they all said pretty much the same thing when asked about playing for Saban, as Isiah Buggs said it best. ‘If you are serious about football, you go to Alabama and play for Saban . If you are not, you go to one of the other schools for the social life.
Furthermore, the original question was would Nick lose the team by playing Tua. So playing Tua would placate the receivers you speak about. Oh and if a few players transfer, that is still not losing the team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.