Sen. Ben Sasse unloads on Congress at Kavanaugh hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Not sure if they are from Booker or not but what I see clearly in some of the released emails is that Kavanaugh is both clearly anti Roe v Wade and he also is lying when he says that he will treat Roe as settled law.
Or you could say he’s pro-constitution and rule of law. Since Roe was manufactured in the court it can die there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Or you could say he’s pro-constitution and rule of law. Since Roe was manufactured in the court it can die there.

of course the lying doesn't matter at all. If he actually believed that he would be honest about it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Factually inaccurate in just the 2nd sentence. Booker knew those documents would be released. His office asked for them and were granted it.

so Booker pulled a stunt for publicity it does not change the content of the emails. The contents of the emails show that Kavanaugh committed purgery. He should be disbarred as well as impeached.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Please only liberal whack jobs think he perjured himself. He said it is precedent on the court which it is. Doesn’t mean he also can’t wish to overturn it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Please only liberal whack jobs think he perjured himself. He said it is precedent on the court which it is. Doesn’t mean he also can’t wish to overturn it.

explain to me how lying to congress under oath is not perjury?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
The perjury accusation comes from a response to Ted Kennedy back in 06.

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-perjured-himself-impeachment/

In 2006, Kavanaugh told Ted Kennedy that he was “not involved” in Bill Pryor’s nomination to the Eleventh Circuit. In fact, he was involved. In documents made public during Senator Pat Leahy’s questioning, Kavanaugh is shown to have recommended Pryor, and invited to actively discuss Pyror’s hearings.

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Seems all this anti-Trump stuff is full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Keep carrying water for your unindicted co-conspirator that you’re no fan of. Although at least you stopped pretending after the initial post that you weren’t all aboard the Trump traitor train.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Keep carrying water for your unindicted co-conspirator that you’re no fan of. Although at least you stopped pretending after the initial post that you weren’t all aboard the Trump traitor train.
I voted for Cruz, “the Donald” wasn’t even in my top 3 but it is what it is. Obama did this to us as the first reality show president. I also expected Trump to not really govern. He’s surprised me with his policies, in a mostly good way. I tend to ignore the tweets and stump speeches and look at actions. People voted for change in 2008 and we’re finally getting it from the orange one. Amazing what an outsider can do. It’s brought out all the crazy and the dems are climbing over themselves to hand him 2018 and 2020.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I voted for Cruz, “the Donald” wasn’t even in my top 3 but it is what it is. Obama did this to us as the first reality show president. I also expected Trump to not really govern. He’s surprised me with his policies, in a mostly good way. I tend to ignore the tweets and stump speeches and look at actions. People voted for change in 2008 and we’re finally getting it from the orange one. Amazing what an outsider can do. It’s brought out all the crazy and the dems are climbing over themselves to hand him 2018 and 2020
I agree that it has brought out all the crazy.

For an example check out the post that I have quoted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.