Sen. Ben Sasse unloads on Congress at Kavanaugh hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I hope you are amused as well! All in good fun.

It's been said (and I agree)....if you're not having fun - you're doing it wrong.

:p
it says volumes that you consider continued support of human filth as fun.

but hey, make america great and drain the swamp.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
For the record, I don't support human filth.
Just curious: does abducting children and locking them in cages while deporting their parents qualify as a deplorable action, or are you perfectly okay with that? I don't expect a response since you've ignored the question on three other occasions, but hope springs eternal.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Just curious: does detaining illegal border crossers and locking them in cages while deporting their companions who may or may not be related qualify as a enforcing the laws passed by congress, or are you perfectly okay with that? I don't expect I will listen to any response that doesn't reinforce my leftist, globalist leanings, but hope springs eternal.
FIFY

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
So you think the immigrants' children are simply faking being their children and deserve what's happened to them? Surely you have evidence to support this. How about the reports of abuse, rape, and children who have died from medical neglect? Is that deplorable, or completely fine in your mind?

It amazes me how out of touch you are. It shouldn't, considering where you must clearly get your "news," but it does.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
So you think the immigrants' children are simply faking being their children and deserve what's happened to them? Surely you have evidence to support this. How about the reports of abuse, rape, and children who have died from medical neglect? Is that deplorable, or completely fine in your mind?

It amazes me how out of touch you are. It shouldn't, considering where you must clearly get your "news," but it does.
sure, Daily Caller had one story about it happening and provided no actual evidence so clearly all the kids are just rando brown kids that these rapists abducted on their way to breaking our laws for no real reason other than that they are brown. This isn't that hard to figure out, duh

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
sure, Daily Caller had one story about it happening and provided no actual evidence so clearly all the kids are just rando brown kids that these rapists abducted on their way to breaking our laws for no real reason other than that they are brown. This isn't that hard to figure out, duh
Setting aside the fact that there's no evidence these imprisoned kids have broken any laws, they don't seem to be denying that the children are, in fact, children. So -- and let me know if I'm following this logic properly -- it's okay for children to be sexually abused if they broke a law? Because that seems to be the argument, once you strip away the distractions.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Setting aside the fact that there's no evidence these imprisoned kids have broken any laws, they don't seem to be denying that the children are, in fact, children. So -- and let me know if I'm following this logic properly -- it's okay for children to be sexually abused if they broke a law? Because that seems to be the argument, once you strip away the distractions.
your fault is trying use logic to justify their racism

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/qa-on-border-detention-of-children/

The criminal prosecution and subsequent separations do not apply to those who seek asylum at a legal port of entry, administration officials have said. But Nielsen has acknowledged “limited resources” at the border that have resulted in the U.S. telling some who arrive at the ports that they have to “come back.” Some immigrant advocates told the Arizona Republic that the backlog could exacerbate illegal crossings.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/qa-on-border-detention-of-children/

The criminal prosecution and subsequent separations do not apply to those who seek asylum at a legal port of entry, administration officials have said. But Nielsen has acknowledged “limited resources” at the border that have resulted in the U.S. telling some who arrive at the ports that they have to “come back.” Some immigrant advocates told the Arizona Republic that the backlog could exacerbate illegal crossings.
This administration lies. Constantly.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/immigrant...and-detention/fact-checking-family-separation

Is the administration separating asylum-seeking families who enter at ports of entry?

Yes, despite claims to the contrary. On June 17, DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen took to Twitter to defend family separation, saying, “For those seeking asylum at ports of entry, we have continued the policy from previous administrations and will only separate if the child is in danger, there is no custodial relationship between 'family' members, or if the adult has broken a law.”

In case Secretary Nielsen forgot, she’s currently a defendant in our class action lawsuit, where we represent families who entered at ports of entry to seek asylum and had their children taken away.

Ms. L, a Congolese mother who sought asylum at a port of entry, had her seven-year-old daughter taken away from her for four months. Immigration authorities made no meaningful attempt to verify their relationship during that time, only doing so after we filed our lawsuit.

Mirian G, a mother from Honduras, came to the U.S. with her young son on Feb. 20, 2018. She presented herself to immigration authorities and sought asylum, committing no crime. During her interview, Mirian provided immigration officers with several identification documents for her child which listed her as his mother. The next morning, Border Patrol agents took away her 18-month-old son with no explanation. She did not see him again for two months.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Would have loved him had he done this back when Merrick Garland was nominated. Now it just falls flat.

Getting tired of Sasse and Flake’s mealy mouthed horse hockey. I don’t give two craps about “strongly worded statements.” Rein Trump in.
This^^^^^. It seems that Sasse, Flake and Corker are the only Republicans willing to say anything, and since two of them are not running for re-election they can say whatever the hell they want. Strongly worded statements from Sasse, who is not a very influential Republican means zero IMO. It will take some congressional heavyweights' involvement to "rein Trump in" and I think we all know that ain't gonna happen. Political cowardice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.