techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I've been telling the truth about my personal experience in the government periodically for about 10 years - usually when some clueless partisans say clueless things about the way government behaves and spends money.
I worked for a small ** team, we had about 8 people. One year before FY was up, we bought $500,000 worth of equipment we never intended to use because if we didn't we'd get less money the following year. There is waste, abuse and fraud at all levels of government. If anyone says they need to get money out of politics, spending needs to be dramatically slashed from the 4+ Trillion dollar mark currently.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
i think this is a bit of red herring being thrown out. if this would have been brought up earlier in the summer, the same thing would have happened, there may have been more "concern, and deep thought" by flake, et al, but the result would have been the same. they were going to seat kavanaugh regardless.
Almost certainly correct.

But the point is they wouldn't have given the other side the ammunition to attack their move. It's obvious that the dems delayed this hoping it would delay things enough that a confirmation wouldn't happen until after the mid-term.

IOW, for those who aren't Ds or Rs, it looks as if both sides are just playing politics with these peoples' lives in order to 'win'. I'm NOT equating both sides here - the Rs are going to ram this through if at all possible, no matter what - but the Ds played it poorly by unnecessarily opening themselves to this criticism.

Just once it would be nice if either side dropped the games.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I worked for a small ** team, we had about 8 people. One year before FY was up, we bought $500,000 worth of equipment we never intended to use because if we didn't we'd get less money the following year. There is waste, abuse and fraud at all levels of government. If anyone says they need to get money out of politics, spending needs to be dramatically slashed from the 4+ Trillion dollar mark currently.
I've worked for a few ACAT I programs - massive waste. It's the norm. Yet, we have people here who won't admit that government is wasteful. It's amazing. The examples are endless, yet they don't want to see it. My first hand experience is dismissed. Sad really to be so willfully blind. Having big government is worth the waste, I guess.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

But the point is they wouldn't have given the other side the ammunition to attack their move. It's obvious that the dems delayed this hoping it would delay things enough that a confirmation wouldn't happen until after the mid-term.

IOW, for those who aren't Ds or Rs, it looks as if both sides are just playing politics with these peoples' lives in order to 'win'. I'm NOT equating both sides here - the Rs are going to ram this through if at all possible, no matter what - but the Ds played it poorly by unnecessarily opening themselves to this criticism.

republicans are never going to drop the games. they have made that very clear repeatedly over the last several years.

this was from back during the campaign link

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz) said Monday that if Hillary Clinton is elected, Republicans will unite to block anyone she nominates to the Supreme Court.

Speaking on WPHT-AM radio's "Dom Giordano Program" in Philadelphia, McCain pledged to obstruct any Clinton Supreme Court nomination for the current or any future vacancy.
i am glad the democrats are showing at least some semblance of pushing back.

i do always find it interesting that the complaints about both sides seem to only really come out when republicans act like fools.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

Careful there, Brad. Recognizing both sides for participating in the sewer creation will get an eyeroll or even a meme thrown at you.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
a gentle reminder of what happens in our country vis a vis evidence of sexual assault and rape

link

In the most detailed nationwide inventory of untested rape kits ever, USA TODAY and journalists from more than 75 Gannett newspapers and TEGNA TV stations have found at least 70,000 neglected kits in an open-records campaign covering 1,000-plus police agencies – and counting. Despite its scope, the agency-by-agency count covers a fraction of the nation's 18,000 police departments, suggesting the number of untested rape kits reaches into the hundreds of thousands.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

If I could give a full banjeaux on Tapatalk for this I would.

ETA- Logged on a browser so I could give you full banjeaux.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
republicans are never going to drop the games. they have made that very clear repeatedly over the last several years.

this was from back during the campaign link

i am glad the democrats are showing at least some semblance of pushing back.

i do always find it interesting that the complaints about both sides seem to only really come out when republicans act like fools.
Well to be fair it happens a lot because the Republicans are fools [emoji6].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Does he ever drop that schtick or has it been the same song and dance for 17 years?
I know exactly what his posts will say before I even read them, no matter the topic being discussed. So, at least the guy is consistent.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I've worked for a few ACAT I programs - massive waste. It's the norm. Yet, we have people here who won't admit that government is wasteful. It's amazing. The examples are endless, yet they don't want to see it. My first hand experience is dismissed. Sad really to be so willfully blind. Having big government is worth the waste, I guess.
My dad spent 17 years as a commissioned air force officer until 1993. He told me every 1-2 years they would throw out perfectly good furniture because they had to spend money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.