Sen. Ben Sasse unloads on Congress at Kavanaugh hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
In discussing partisan politics (specific to the hearings) RBG says she wishes she could wave a magic wand and make things go back to how they were......

Sigh.....you're preaching to the choir Madam Justice........

[video=youtube;AriOjUfbBrw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=AriOjUfbBrw[/video]

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
Why is this necessary? My father died from Alzheimer's less than a year ago. Why don't you go hang out with the teen table for a while if adulting is too hard?
Most of us who have been on this earth for any length of time have known or had family and friends suffer from this and other malady's.

It doesn't mean that anyone is delighting in other's misfortune, it just means that some of us will not allow our word's, thoughts, and speech to be decided by you or anyone else who sets themselves up as the arbiter's of whatever they decide is proper during the current state of the world.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Most of us who have been on this earth for any length of time have known or had family and friends suffer from this and other malady's.

It doesn't mean that anyone is delighting in other's misfortune, it just means that some of us will not allow our word's, thoughts, and speech to be decided by you or anyone else who sets themselves up as the arbiter's of whatever they decide is proper during the current state of the world.
Funnily enough just a couple of months ago it was some of the conservative faithful complaining about dark humor being used in regards to shootings and how it wasn’t proper.

And just yesterday you were complaining about the “libs” here “attacking” your stuff and wishing you could find another site. It’s weird that you’re now fighting the people trying to decide what is proper after bashing people for things you don’t find proper.

On Netflix British comedian Daniel Sloss has a special where he talks about not picking and choosing what you find offensive based on how it personally affects you. Unfortunately too many people are like that nowadays.

“Oh I find this joke about Muslims hilarious but don’t you dare make a joke about Christians!” for example.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

That also means you don't get to control others' reactions.

Reckless indifference to others and callousness has become the norm so I'm not surprised at all.

Have a wonderful day.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I don't think anyone would wish Alzheimer's or any other debilitating disease on anyone else. The rhetoric from the left and some on this board has been that republican or conservative policies want dirty air/water and to kill or keep poor black/brown people. I think we can all agree we have too many career politicians in congress that have little to no connection with the actual people they represent. Can we agree on term limits?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Look, I'm trying to let you guys discuss this stuff, but the next time I see name-calling, the poster is getting a mandatory vacation.

You know the rules - either respect them or you're gone.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Isn't Kavanaugh about as middle of the road pick as possible these days? I mean say Jeb or Kasich had won in 2016, would the outrage over the pick be the same?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
He has support from liberal feminists.
Plural? Does that author carry another small woman in her pocket?

I'm suspicious of any op-eds from a nameless figure that proclaim, "I am [identity] and I support [opinion contrary to stated identity]."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.