Sen. Ben Sasse unloads on Congress at Kavanaugh hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I agree with those who say the timing of the release is suspect. But if this had been dropped in July they go to the next person on the list and we still have a full Senate vote before the elections.

I didn’t follow the hearings very closely so I really don’t have an opinion either way about his competence to sit on the court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm. I don't think so.
Reporter: Kavanaugh accuser came forward in July

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
That certainly looks dodgy, I'm also surprised at the speed of getting the 65 women to sign if they didn't know this was going to come out. Time to pick a more conservative judge that wasn't handsy in high school.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I mean we all know they are going to push a conservative nominee through. Is this the best they can do though? I'd think they could find someone that hasn't committed perjury or been accused of attempted rape. I guess that is too much to ask for.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I mean we all know they are going to push a conservative nominee through. Is this the best they can do though? I'd think they could find someone that hasn't committed perjury or been accused of attempted rape. I guess that is too much to ask for.
Trump wants this guy as he is the only one of the approved by GOP candidates that explicitly said he would protect a sitting President from being investigated and/or prosecuted.

They could have done better, but this is all about Trump just like everything else right now in the GOP. They've sold their souls to a fraud

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Even though I would 100% prefer a moderate I wouldn't have that many issues with a conservative judge that believes that no one including the President is above the law.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Even though I would 100% prefer a moderate I wouldn't have that many issues with a conservative judge that believes that no one including the President is above the law.
Yeah that and being able to tell the truth under oath and not be rapey. Not too much to ask.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
The Justice Department has taken the position twice that the president is not subject to indictment while in office and that no criminal charges can proceed against him unless he's either removed from office by impeachment or has served out his term.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Democrats are seeing optimism for Senate control in November. I think anyone with an unbiased perspective can see what is going on here with the timing.

As I've stated earlier...hear all that Dr. Ford has to say on the matter, then weigh it against Judge Kavanaugh's categorical denial of the event and (so far) lack of proof of any wrongdoing. But remember, this falls on the backdrop of Democrats publicly trying to delay the hearings and then trying to delay the vote even before they released this letter at the 11th hour, all to push it over the November election timeframe. The Democrats have put this time crunch on themselves before the scheduled vote. Hear all testimony, but they have the timing burden on this matter. It's self-imposed.

This also sets a very bad precedent that will happen over and over again. Whatever one party does, the other will try to do when they can. That's how we got to the simple majority vote we have now, the "Ginsburg rule," and the Merrick Garland "not in a presidential election year" farce. It will come back to bite, and that is a surety.

Hold off a hearing for a competent judge?....does he share my political beliefs?...No..okay, then sign me up.
Throw a man under the bus because of one accuser with no proof...okay, just delay the vote long enough until we are in power. His later innocence will be forgotten if no proof comes out. Forget about his reputation, it's of no consequence to us.

Just stop the games, stop the charades, and call it what it is. Politics. That's it. And it is not right.

I'm trying to stand up for a man who is innocent until proven guilty. I would do the same for any of you.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I'm hearing that Dr. Ford was wearing a "female body part" hat at an anti-Trump rally. I'm sure it will be widely reported so we can have all the information we need for an informed opinion.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
so what if she did
shocking that a woman who was nearly raped by a GOP douchebro in Highschool and then went to watch that same bro get appointed to the Federal bench by the GOP would affiliate herself with Democrats in her personal life

i'm shocked

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
so what if she did
Then we know more about her motive of coming forward. If what she says is true BK shouldn't even be on the DC court. Kavanaugh's name wasn't even mentioned in 2012 psychiatrist's notes. The husband she married in 2002 that wasn't told about it until 2012 is her only witness. She is fuzzy on details such as where, when, how she arrived and got home. If this had happened a month ago I'm not sure it could be investigated given what she remembers.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Then we know more about her motive of coming forward. If what she says is true BK shouldn't even be on the DC court. Kavanaugh's name wasn't even mentioned in 2012 psychiatrist's notes. The husband she married in 2002 that wasn't told about it until 2012 is her only witness. She is fuzzy on details such as where, when, how she arrived and got home. If this had happened a month ago I'm not sure it could be investigated given what she remembers.
but hey, as long as he didn't attempt to rape women who identify as conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.