Sen. Ben Sasse unloads on Congress at Kavanaugh hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
How do they investigate a 30+ year event with no proof, witnesses, specific dates, places- that didn’t occur across state lines making it a local jurisdiction only and not federal. The claim is laughable that the FBI needs to do anything. Do what, how? Please explain.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
other girls in School with the acuser are starting to back her story, recalling the incident was discussed at the time https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/su...ls-hearing-alleged-kavanaugh-incident-n911111
"Many of us heard a buzz about it indirectly with few specific details. However Christine's vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusationis true."
Except her recollection is incredibly fuzzy and not at all vivid.
NBC News confirmed that the statements were hers, but did not confirm her allegation.
It's also remains unconfirmed.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Except her recollection is incredibly fuzzy and not at all vivid.

It's also remains unconfirmed.
Seems like something the FBI might be able to clarify. However, that would require the White House to request an investigation. I'm sure if parties were reversed, you'd be supporting Obama's refusal to do so.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Has there ever been an FBI investigation started 30+ years after the fact?
No idea, but a more relevant question is whether the FBI has ever investigated allegations of sexual assault/harassment that arose in the context of a SCOTUS confirmation. And as I'm sure you're aware, the answer is yes.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
No idea, but a more relevant question is whether the FBI has ever investigated allegations of sexual assault/harassment that arose in the context of a SCOTUS confirmation. And as I'm sure you're aware, the answer is yes.
Correct it is a background check of which they do thousands for federal appointments and security clearances. It isn't a criminal investigation and to say that they would not investigate new information emerging in other background checks is merely expressing an intent to push Kavanaugh through regardless of his suitability for this office.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
other girls in School with the acuser are starting to back her story, recalling the incident was discussed at the time https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/su...ls-hearing-alleged-kavanaugh-incident-n911111
Saw someone mention this on Twitter, so I checked to verify wasn't just some partisan comment. Link

Ford said she told no one of the incident in any detail until 2012, when she was in couples therapy with her husband. The therapist’s notes, portions of which were provided by Ford and reviewed by The Washington Post, do not mention Kavanaugh’s name but say she reported that she was attacked by students “from an elitist boys’ school” who went on to become “highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington.” The notes say four boys were involved, a discrepancy Ford says was an error on the therapist’s part. Ford said there were four boys at the party but only two in the room.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Saw someone mention this on Twitter, so I checked to verify wasn't just some partisan comment. Link
Both statements can be true, although that would imply that others at the party were at least peripherally aware of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.