John Parker Wilson as color analyst?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I never get to listen to them but give him some time. If he sucks come Iron Bowl then maybe he isn't cut out for it, but you have to give him time to get comfortable. Tyler Watts still makes the same mistakes he did when he first started.

We listened to the pre-game while on the way to the game and heard them talk to Rashad, I thought he sounded really well in the way he talked and I was impressed. Of course I have yet to hear him interview or anything but his speaking was really good to be as young as he is.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
You can't compare JP and Rashad to Phil and Chris. That's just not fair to them knowing that they're both brand new to this. Phil and Chris are pros and have done this for a long time.

They'll get better with time.
Agree - especially Phil. With his years of experience evaluating talent and game analysis it is unfair to try to compare JPW. I have not listened yet & won’t be until the A&M game (assuming I remember to bring my gameday radio). Hopefully he gets his rhythm by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Yes, Phil was seriously good, and he and Eli made a great team. It turns out he is hard to replace. I've managed only a few minutes of radio coverage (I've watched with friends who object to the lag) but I wasnt knocked out by JPW. I am encouraged by the comments that he improved from game 1 to 2, and have high hopes that he is the right guy.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I listened to the game Saturday and JPW didn't stand out as being that bad to me - I was expecting it to be a good deal worse after some of the comments here. I'm sure he'll improve a lot as time goes on. Rashad seems like he's really nervous doing it so hopefully he'll improve as well.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Happy that he got the job. He needs time, but we all would in that position. He's gonna do great.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Phil is Phil..............the best radio color commentator in the business (IMO). He and Eli had great chemistry as well. Like all changes, it takes time.

I thought JPW got better the 2nd game. I fully expect he and Rashad will seem like the new standard by the time they finish their career.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.