Woman Suffers Hand Injuries Mistaking Dynamite For A Candle (Not in Florida)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This is why I always store my dynamite separately from my candles.......

https://abc7.com/woman-mistakes-dynamite-for-candle-during-power-outage/4174820/

A woman was seriously injured in Connecticut after authorities say she mistook a stick of dynamite for a candle.

The Bridgeport Fire Marshal's Office has concluded its initial investigation and is calling the incident a tragic accident.

Officials say the family's Lindley Street home lost power as a result of thunderstorms Thursday night, and after a trip to a closed Home Depot to purchase emergency lighting, the family remembered what they believed to be candles left in the basement of the home by the previous residents.

The victim, who is approximately 30 years old and a married mother of two, attempted to light one of the "candles." Instead, it was a quarter stick of dynamite. She suffered severe injuries to one of her hands, including the potential loss of several fingers. She also suffered serious injuries to her face.

===========

I'm no lawyer, but isn't dynamite illegal and couldn't they charge the previous owners?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This is why I always store my dynamite separately from my candles.......

https://abc7.com/woman-mistakes-dynamite-for-candle-during-power-outage/4174820/

A woman was seriously injured in Connecticut after authorities say she mistook a stick of dynamite for a candle.

The Bridgeport Fire Marshal's Office has concluded its initial investigation and is calling the incident a tragic accident.

Officials say the family's Lindley Street home lost power as a result of thunderstorms Thursday night, and after a trip to a closed Home Depot to purchase emergency lighting, the family remembered what they believed to be candles left in the basement of the home by the previous residents.

The victim, who is approximately 30 years old and a married mother of two, attempted to light one of the "candles." Instead, it was a quarter stick of dynamite. She suffered severe injuries to one of her hands, including the potential loss of several fingers. She also suffered serious injuries to her face.

===========

I'm no lawyer, but isn't dynamite illegal and couldn't they charge the previous owners?
When I was about 12 years old my dad was at a house 2 doors away and found a cache of dynamite in the cellar big enough to blow the whole neighborhood. I guess he was mowing/cleaning for the owners because about this time the powder plant (as in making dynamite) where he worked shut down and he was doing all sorts of odd jobs. Don't know how it got there. He survived two explosions at that plant.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.