Tua's Unbelievable 3rd Down Efficiency

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Tua has led only 20 drives this season. His stats in those drives. 14 touchdowns and 1 field goal. Simply amazing
Two of those drives the receiver fumbled so really only about three drives ended in punts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I just wish we got to see him more. I truly enjoy watching him play. That being said, I will be very happy if we are far enough ahead that he is pulled in the 1st half again.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Goodness, that 3rd down QBR...

What’s the deal with the disparity in overall QBR between NCAA site and ESPN? ESPN has Tua leading with 98.3. NCAA shows him second behind the Toledo guy but with a passing efficiency of 237.2. Yahoo sports shows him @ 233.3.

Edit - looks like everyone but ESPN uses the standard passing efficiency as the QBR while ESPN uses some proprietary formula they developed called “Total QBR”. (Blue Font) Guess they are just smarter than everyone else.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What’s the deal with the disparity in overall QBR between NCAA site and ESPN? ESPN has Tua leading with 98.3. NCAA shows him second behind the Toledo guy but with a passing efficiency of 237.2. Yahoo sports shows him @ 233.3.

Edit - looks like everyone but ESPN uses the standard passing efficiency as the QBR while ESPN uses some proprietary formula they developed called “Total QBR”. (Blue Font) Guess they are just smarter than everyone else.
Actually, QBR is an ESPN thing entirely, everything else is called 'passer rating' or similar.

QBR scale is 0-100
Passe rating scale is -731.6 to 1261.6

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Understanding Total QBR

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
It's like he goes into a "super-focus" mode and takes the team with him...
He also has that Deshaun Watson quality of making you pay if you give him enough chances. Crazy thing is that with Tua he only needs three downs...and he will convert, make a splash play, or score.

He’s too darn good and I’m loving every second he’s on the field.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
If Tua keeps up this insane efficiency he might just win the Heisman even without putting up as big of numbers as some other guys.
This is going to be interesting to watch play out. If this trend continues where the games are in hand and he is pulled in the 2nd quarter, will his overall stats be flashy enough to earn the votes? Especially when compared to QBs who get to stay in blowout games and continue to pad their numbers. At this rate, Tua's going to miss half the year.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This is going to be interesting to watch play out. If this trend continues where the games are in hand and he is pulled in the 2nd quarter, will his overall stats be flashy enough to earn the votes? Especially when compared to QBs who get to stay in blowout games and continue to pad their numbers. At this rate, Tua's going to miss half the year.
He will likely play more starting this weekend unless we really are THAT good this season. But, if he he barley throws a pick, continues to have an insane QBR on 3rd down and throws TDs every 7th throw or so he will have a clear argument despite having "lesser" overall numbers than some others.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.