Florida RB Adarius Lemons announces he's transferring after loss to Kentucky

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Lemons didn’t play in the season opener against Charleston Southern due to a suspension for marijuana.

“(Jim McElwain) was letting a lot of players get away with a lot of stuff,” Lemons said. “Mullen came in. He was really strict with the rules.”

Mullen told Lemons he had to go to a rehab program or lose his spot on the team, so Lemons went to a recovery center for the summer. After complying with Mullen’s demands, Lemons felt as though he had earned back his touches in the Florida offense.
Nice job, CJM. SMH. No wonder your teams were trash - no discipline.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...his-transfer-immediately-after-kentucky-loss/

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Nice job, CJM. SMH. No wonder your teams were trash - no discipline.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...his-transfer-immediately-after-kentucky-loss/
Hard to believe some of the stuff that came out after Coach McElwain's departure.

One item that really shocked me concerned the strength and conditioning program. From what I understand, it was so weak.....many players sought out their own programs off campus somewhere in order to fulfill their needs.

That would explain why it seemed our players ran out of steam and didn't seem to be conditioned as well as they should have been.

All that money he was given in salary. I don't get it. He was at Alabama - a state of the art program. All he head to do was copy what they do, as a template anyway - and then improvise as needed.

Both sad and frustrating at the same time.....

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It's not that easy. It takes commitment, discipline and A LOT of mental energy and time to do what Saban does to get the results he does.

People know what it takes to lose weight as well, but yet so many fail in the attempt. It's not the knowing that's the problem. It's the doing.

Hard to believe some of the stuff that came out after Coach McElwain's departure.

One item that really shocked me concerned the strength and conditioning program. From what I understand, it was so weak.....many players sought out their own programs off campus somewhere in order to fulfill their needs.

That would explain why it seemed our players ran out of steam and didn't seem to be conditioned as well as they should have been.

All that money he was given in salary. I don't get it. He was at Alabama - a state of the art program. All he head to do was copy what they do, as a template anyway - and then improvise as needed.

Both sad and frustrating at the same time.....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
It's not that easy. It takes commitment, discipline and A LOT of mental energy and time to do what Saban does to get the results he does.

People know what it takes to lose weight as well, but yet so many fail in the attempt. It's not the knowing that's the problem. It's the doing.
I agree.

Obviously he wasn't up to the task. :rolleyes:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So, he wasn't handed his starting job back after his drug use rehab and he got mad about it? And other teams want him? CJM might have been a poor leader at Florida, but it sounds like this guy requires someone like him to be happy.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I agree.

Obviously he wasn't up to the task. :rolleyes:
If I'm not mistaken, Saban has lost A LOT of assistant coaches because they couldn't or didn't want to do what Saban required WRT work hours. In Saban's mind, every hour is a "work hour" and if you're not on board with that you're probably not going to be there long. I couldn't work for him that's for sure. But I do love the results. LOL!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
So, he wasn't handed his starting job back after his drug use rehab and he got mad about it? And other teams want him? CJM might have been a poor leader at Florida, but it sounds like this guy requires someone like him to be happy.
Will Grier says hi.

You never know.

Not our first rodeo.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
It didn't help when Will Grier got suspended and then last season all those players in that credit card scam suspended for the whole year.

I guess he should be held responsible to some degree for the culture that lead to those incidents....and others that happened while he was at Florida.

One thing about Coach Muschamp is he cracked the whip pretty good.

There are a ton of good kids coming out of Florida high schools but there's also quite a few who really need a wake up call and if that doesn't happen it's like a bad apple in the barrel.

That's part of what we have had to deal with here, unfortunately.

I know it happens every where so not trying to evoke the sympathy card.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Will Grier says hi.

You never know.

Not our first rodeo.
I read that Grier left because CJM didn't really want him back. Grier wanted to return. Everyone wanted him but CJM. I don't get that one.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I read that Grier left because CJM didn't really want him back. Grier wanted to return. Everyone wanted him but CJM. I don't get that one.
From what I know, Grier (along with his father) wanted a guarantee he would be the starter when he finished with his suspension. We had LDR & a couple others coming in and Coach McElwain wasn't going to guarantee anything. The rest is history, as they say.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
From what I know, Grier (along with his father) wanted a guarantee he would be the starter when he finished with his suspension. We had LDR & a couple others coming in and Coach McElwain wasn't going to guarantee anything. The rest is history, as they say.
Considering his other QB options, maybe he should have said what he needed to hear.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.