Florida RB Adarius Lemons announces he's transferring after loss to Kentucky

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I had a Bama friend of mine text me last night after this game "Mullen is bringing Miss St to Gainesville." LOL! In all seriousness, it's Mullen's first season, he doesn't have the type QB to properly run his system behind center. Trust me, they'll get a lot better and within two years the Gators will be right in the mix for the East.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I hate to say it but I think Jim McElwain made what was already a bad situation worse while he was in Gainesville and Mullen is now having to clean up the mess.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I feel for the kid but not good to tweet out something like that in the "heat of the moment". You don't do that to your team. Very disrespectful also to the entire program.

That said, not sure how to interpret what he posted this morning....sounds like he may stay (?)

We're deep in his position group so will be fine if he leaves.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/https://twitter.com/adariuslemons/status/1038852951647965184?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I read that as finishing the semester

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Wonder what this RB would have done had they lost to Vandy.
Given up football? Haha
FWIW, it wasn't the loss to Kentucky that triggered his decision - it was because he was only used twice in the game.

Both times returning a kickoff.

Didn't see any time in the backfield.

I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall that he was too far down on the depth chart for the amount of playing time he desired/expected.

Bad timing on sending that tweet out - but I still wish the kid luck going forward wherever he ends up.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I hate to say it but I think Jim McElwain made what was already a bad situation worse while he was in Gainesville and Mullen is now having to clean up the mess.
I agree with this. I know most Tidefans are fond of McElwain from his time in Tuscaloosa, but it appears he may not be HC material. He might need to go back out west and find a smaller program needing an experienced HC. Coach Mullen will need another year or two to get UF back on track in the SEC East.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
FWIW, it wasn't the loss to Kentucky that triggered his decision - it was because he was only used twice in the game.

Both times returning a kickoff.

Didn't see any time in the backfield.

I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall that he was too far down on the depth chart for the amount of playing time he desired/expected.

Bad timing on sending that tweet out - but I still wish the kid luck going forward wherever he ends up.
This...he's probably realized he will never start or make the NFL. Practice fodder running back is a tough way to get your college education.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.