Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's sad that, given the LSU/Wade situation, there will always be a consensus, spoken or not, as to the reason for going to LSU. I hope the Watford family, like the Newtons, have a thick skin, which I'm sure they do. It's my personal opinion that Wade is a short termer and and turmoil is going to surround that program for an extended period. I'm sure he feels that he's one and done, so it doesn't matter. I don't feel he is and I think that he/they will be sorry for wedding that situation...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Now that this is all over, and none of us can jinx things.....................

Not interested in signing any drama queens.

Not interested in signing any one-and-done Wunderkind. (As long as they believe they are one-and-done is all it takes.)

Only interested in players who want to play here. Players who want to be part of what a lot of us sense will be the foundation of a great rebirth, of our program. Players who have faith in CNO, and want their legacy to be part of that team. Players who are willing to put in the effort to bring about that rebirth. Players who are committed to being part of a team.

</rant>

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Trendon Watford

If there’s a more racially offensive post on Tidefans right now, I don’t want to see it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This whole discussion is disturbing to me. Everyone was all excited he might come here and now people are accusing him of being on the take.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This whole discussion is disturbing to me. Everyone was all excited he might come here and now people are accusing him of being on the take.

Because the evidence strongly suggests it.

LSU firmly in his recruitment until Wade is suspended for the Yahoo report about him being on a wiretap talking about a "strong a-- offer."

LSU immediately becomes the favorite when Wade was reinstated.

LSU stayed the favorite after Wade was mentioned in the FBI trial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Sorry, guys. My mouth ran away with me, but I was just saying that the Watfords must know that even if they are squeaky clean in all of this the implication is that they are not. If I were in their shoes I'd be upset with what I am reading here, but Trendon could have signed almost anywhere. If he had picked Memphis there wouldn't have been anywhere near the eyebrows raised their are now. He could have picked any other school. So either he and/or his family just love the heck out of Baton Rouge, or there is some other reason for him to choose a team where all of the players have jumped ship and the coach is under a very dark cloud right now.

rtr

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

CECIL HURT: Time for Nate Oats to move on from loss of prospect Trendon Watford

“Coach (Will) Wade and Coach (Bill) Anderson (who played collegiately at UAB) have recruited me a long time,” Trendon Watford said. He also added that Wade “kept talking to me and telling me what was going on while he was suspended (for alleged recruiting violations.)”

That’s not something you hear a five-star recruit say every day. To say that everyone took Watford’s explanations about his reasons for choosing LSU at face value would be a stretch. Again, both father and son stressed that they were “Alabama fans” but that the “timing was wrong” after Avery Johnson’s departure. (No reason was given for why the “timing” was not right in November, when Watford could have signed with Alabama but didn’t.)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Maybe I am not currently up on all the rules. But how can Wade talk to a recruit on behalf of LSU WHILE SUSPENDED? Am I missing something?

Is that not a recruiting violation in itself?
Great point! What exactly was he suspended from doing?

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Maybe I am not currently up on all the rules. But how can Wade talk to a recruit on behalf of LSU WHILE SUSPENDED? Am I missing something?

Is that not a recruiting violation in itself?
That was the first thing that I thought, but it was an LSU suspension not an NCAA one. So maybe LSU didn’t give him recruiting restrictions.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Coach Pettway had recruited him since before Wade was even at LSU so that doesn't wash. I heard Wimp and Barry this morning. Barry said he thought Wade had paid the family. They went on to say that his brother and dad were in total control of the situation. If Naz Reid was worth 300k, What was Watford worth? If that is the case, that was my feeling all along, that is was about the money,

Hope we kick their tail next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.