Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Trendon Watford

I heard on the radio that Penny Hardaway and the entire Memphis stafff which includes from NBA player Mike Miller will be at the BJCC today to see Watford. They also said some Duke assistant(s) will be there also. I hope Avery, Pelphrey and Petway make the short trip also.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

No that was a rumor on some of the forums but AJjr has been on scholly ever since he got to Tuscaloosa. I believe CAJ made a vague comment a year or so ago that he had options available if we signed an additional player and the clear assumption was that AJjr could be moved to walk-on. I think it was in reference to Kira Lewis while we still had Jared Butler on scholarship but since Butler transferred to Baylor, Kira received his scholarship instead of AJjr's.
That must have been it since teams get 13 scholarships.
I heard on the radio that Penny Hardaway and the entire Memphis stafff which includes from NBA player Mike Miller will be at the BJCC today to see Watford. They also said some Duke assistant(s) will be there also. I hope Avery, Pelphrey and Petway make the short trip also.
They were there.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1101161480685342720

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Not sure what the scuttlebutt is about Watford. Has he or his family given any "hope" that he would stay in state when schools like Duke is in play?

If Avery could pull this off this would be a huge recruiting victory.

And, as I understand Watford's game, he's exactly the kind of player we are missing right now.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Not sure what the scuttlebutt is about Watford. Has he or his family given any "hope" that he would stay in state when schools like Duke is in play?

If Avery could pull this off this would be a huge recruiting victory.

And, as I understand Watford's game, he's exactly the kind of player we are missing right now.
Alabama has long been considered the favorite for Watford. Then, Memphis hired Penny Hardaway, putting them into play thanks to PH's AAU connections. LSU has been making a push in recent months. The three schools seemed to be pretty much tied in hopes of getting TW.

Duke just offered this week. They are getting in on him pretty late. Hopefully, that will hurt their chances.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Alabama has long been considered the favorite for Watford. Then, Memphis hired Penny Hardaway, putting them into play thanks to PH's AAU connections. LSU has been making a push in recent months. The three schools seemed to be pretty much tied in hopes of getting TW.

Duke just offered this week. They are getting in on him pretty late. Hopefully, that will hurt their chances.
Duke is probably the only team, other than UK, which could come in that late and pull it off...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I think the NBA has the best chance at Watford honestly. I really think this Zion incident will shift the winds to allowing HS to enter the draft again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will but not this year. The NBA released a plan a few weeks ago that would allow for players to go straight from high school. Wouldn't be effective until three years from now, though.

NBA reportedly makes official proposal to lower draft age from 19 to 18

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

He is not a 1 and done in any case. I haven't seen him live but his numbers in high school indicate he is probably a 3 or 4 year guy. Cecil Hurt stated as much in his morning column. He is closer to 6'7.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Looking back at the picture now. Saban has to be standing on the metal landing on the bleachers. Only explanation for TW to only be an inch or two taller.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.