Trendon Watford - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 77

Thread: Trendon Watford

  1. #40
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,632

    Re: Trendon Watford

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I can't find anything concrete, but I could have sworn there was an announcement during the off season he became a walk-on to open a scholarship for someone else.
    No that was a rumor on some of the forums but AJjr has been on scholly ever since he got to Tuscaloosa. I believe CAJ made a vague comment a year or so ago that he had options available if we signed an additional player and the clear assumption was that AJjr could be moved to walk-on. I think it was in reference to Kira Lewis while we still had Jared Butler on scholarship but since Butler transferred to Baylor, Kira received his scholarship instead of AJjr's.
    Last edited by imauafan; February 28th, 2019 at 12:34 PM.

  2. #41
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,513

    Re: Trendon Watford

    I heard on the radio that Penny Hardaway and the entire Memphis stafff which includes from NBA player Mike Miller will be at the BJCC today to see Watford. They also said some Duke assistant(s) will be there also. I hope Avery, Pelphrey and Petway make the short trip also.

  3. #42
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    38,305

    Re: Trendon Watford

    Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    No that was a rumor on some of the forums but AJjr has been on scholly ever since he got to Tuscaloosa. I believe CAJ made a vague comment a year or so ago that he had options available if we signed an additional player and the clear assumption was that AJjr could be moved to walk-on. I think it was in reference to Kira Lewis while we still had Jared Butler on scholarship but since Butler transferred to Baylor, Kira received his scholarship instead of AJjr's.
    That must have been it since teams get 13 scholarships.
    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I heard on the radio that Penny Hardaway and the entire Memphis stafff which includes from NBA player Mike Miller will be at the BJCC today to see Watford. They also said some Duke assistant(s) will be there also. I hope Avery, Pelphrey and Petway make the short trip also.
    They were there.

    https://twitter.com/abc/status/1101161480685342720

    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  4. #43
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    38,305

    Trendon Watford

    Might be able to rule LSU out here. Will Wade and assistants had lunch with Watford’s parents today. That appears to be a NCAA violation.

    https://twitter.com/hunterljohnson/s...050622464?s=21

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RTR91; February 28th, 2019 at 07:40 PM.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  5. #44
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,513

    Re: Trendon Watford

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Might be able to rule LSU out here. Will Wade and assistants had lunch with Watford’s parents today. That appears to be a NCAA violation.

    https://twitter.com/hunterljohnson/s...050622464?s=21

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If true what a big mistake. With what has come out about Wade recently regarding recruiting it has to end that relationship.

  6. #45
    BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fairhope, Alabama
    Posts
    3,461

    Re: Trendon Watford

    With Duke coming in going to be hard for him to say no.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

  7. #46
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,632

    Re: Trendon Watford

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Might be able to rule LSU out here. Will Wade and assistants had lunch with Watford’s parents today. That appears to be a NCAA violation.

    https://twitter.com/hunterljohnson/s...050622464?s=21

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The page has been deleted. I wonder what that means?

  8. #47
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    38,305

    Re: Trendon Watford

    Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    The page has been deleted. I wonder what that means?
    Not sure why Hunter deleted it.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  9. #48
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,513

    Re: Trendon Watford

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Not sure why Hunter deleted it.
    I wonder if that was not Watford's family.

  10. #49
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    11,321

    Re: Trendon Watford

    Not sure what the scuttlebutt is about Watford. Has he or his family given any "hope" that he would stay in state when schools like Duke is in play?

    If Avery could pull this off this would be a huge recruiting victory.

    And, as I understand Watford's game, he's exactly the kind of player we are missing right now.

  11. #50
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    38,305

    Re: Trendon Watford

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Not sure what the scuttlebutt is about Watford. Has he or his family given any "hope" that he would stay in state when schools like Duke is in play?

    If Avery could pull this off this would be a huge recruiting victory.

    And, as I understand Watford's game, he's exactly the kind of player we are missing right now.
    Alabama has long been considered the favorite for Watford. Then, Memphis hired Penny Hardaway, putting them into play thanks to PH's AAU connections. LSU has been making a push in recent months. The three schools seemed to be pretty much tied in hopes of getting TW.

    Duke just offered this week. They are getting in on him pretty late. Hopefully, that will hurt their chances.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  12. #51
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    178

    Re: Trendon Watford

    I said the whole time Will Wade is cheating.

  13. #52
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    62,143

    Re: Trendon Watford

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Alabama has long been considered the favorite for Watford. Then, Memphis hired Penny Hardaway, putting them into play thanks to PH's AAU connections. LSU has been making a push in recent months. The three schools seemed to be pretty much tied in hopes of getting TW.

    Duke just offered this week. They are getting in on him pretty late. Hopefully, that will hurt their chances.
    Duke is probably the only team, other than UK, which could come in that late and pull it off...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    “I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

Alabama Crimson Tide gear at Fanatics.com