Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Re: Trendon Watford

I have not been optimistic about getting Watford however with him visiting us twice during the season there seemed to be more interest there than I had thought. But anyone with two eyes could see that player development was lacking so a recruit with the potential of Watford would have to be hesitant to sign with us. Since we're in the market for a new coach if we can get the right guy and I believe we can, then I can see Watford signing with us.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I have not been optimistic about getting Watford however with him visiting us twice during the season there seemed to be more interest there than I had thought. But anyone with two eyes could see that player development was lacking so a recruit with the potential of Watford would have to be hesitant to sign with us. Since we're in the market for a new coach if we can get the right guy and I believe we can, then I can see Watford signing with us.
I think he generally likes Bama so that still bodes well for us. We have a lot of pluses in play as well if we get a coach that he would be happy to play for.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

I was reluctant to post this while Coach Johnson was still here. After the UK game, which was his official visit weekend, I was at Half Shell Oyster House downtown. Coach Johnson and his family came in with a recruit, but Watford was not there. I was always curious why he would not be eating with the head coach. He may have been out with one of the other players or Coach Pettway, but it just seemed strange that the biggest recruit in that class was not there. I have heard Watford would not sign here if Coach Johnson was still the coach. Again, I don't know this to be true, just repeating what I have heard thru the grapevine so TIFWIW.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

I was reluctant to post this while Coach Johnson was still here. After the UK game, which was his official visit weekend, I was at Half Shell Oyster House downtown. Coach Johnson and his family came in with a recruit, but Watford was not there. I was always curious why he would not be eating with the head coach. He may have been out with one of the other players or Coach Pettway, but it just seemed strange that the biggest recruit in that class was not there. I have heard Watford would not sign here if Coach Johnson was still the coach. Again, I don't know this to be true, just repeating what I have heard thru the grapevine so TIFWIW.
I don't recall where I read it but I have read similar things recently.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

I think he’ll go wherever his HS school coach is hired as an assistant. This situation is very fishy. Joseph Goodman wrote an article a couple days ago saying AU is now in the mix because of this very thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Had a solid showing at the mcdonalds all star game. 10 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists. Really is a solid all around player. Hoping CNO can deal the deal.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

I don't think hiring Nate Oats hurt us with this kid. Being 100% honest I think that the thing that hurts us most with him is that we are Alabama. It just seems like he has always looked over the fence with his recruiting.

rtr

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I don't think hiring Nate Oats hurt us with this kid. Being 100% honest I think that the thing that hurts us most with him is that we are Alabama. It just seems like he has always looked over the fence with his recruiting.

rtr
Someone can correct me but I thought the main reason we've been in contention is because he actually likes Alabama.

RKel32

All-SEC
Nov 17, 2004
Madison, AL

It's going to be real interesting to see if we hire Bucky McMillan on this staff. I certainly think he's worth a spot on the bench, not just for Watford, but because of his track record and familiarity with the HS basketball landscape in AL.

Last edited:

Drifter

3rd Team
Mar 10, 2010

It's going to be real interesting to see if we hire Bucky McMillan on this staff. I certainly think he's worth a spot on the bench, not just for Watford, but because of his track record and familiarity with the HS basketball landscape in AL.
Actually, I've heard the opposite; that many high school coaches can't stand Bucky, and hiring him would be to our detriment in recruiting.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Actually, I've heard the opposite; that many high school coaches can't stand Bucky, and hiring him would be to our detriment in recruiting.

I'm not sure about that. Is it because he's successful ? Is it because he knows what he is doing? I think he will be fine.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I think it is part due to the success but I know some of it is the way he "recruits" at Mtn. Brook.
Well... That's like me moving up the ladder, getting awards left and right because of how I always get the assignments that everyone wants.... Everyone will be jealous and get upset about how he goes about things. There is a reason why Bucky's name is trending.. while other's aren't trending....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Well... That's like me moving up the ladder, getting awards left and right because of how I always get the assignments that everyone wants.... Everyone will be jealous and get upset about how he goes about things. There is a reason why Bucky's name is trending.. while other's aren't trending....
Let’s try to keep this thread about Watford.

Will suggest looking for an al.com article from a year or two ago detailing how Birmingham area coaches weren’t fond of how things are done at MBHS because of the players.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Let’s try to keep this thread about Watford.

Will suggest looking for an al.com article from a year or two ago detailing how Birmingham area coaches weren’t fond of how things are done at MBHS because of the players.

I agree. We don't have many dedicated threads, but this is an important player. Let's keep the thread about him...

Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIri....alianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIri....alianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu

Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.