Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Trendon Watford

No insider for sure about Watford, but I get the impression that he "wants" to come to Bama. I don't know how he would have been able to justify coming with the disarray he saw the last month of the season. I know some other major players are involved, but between CNO's likeability and Watford looking for reasons to come he announces for Bama and becomes a big piece in our resurgence.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Now I'm curious about the culture at Alabama under Avery. What was it about the culture that bothered Watford and others?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

No insider for sure about Watford, but I get the impression that he "wants" to come to Bama. I don't know how he would have been able to justify coming with the disarray he saw the last month of the season. I know some other major players are involved, but between CNO's likeability and Watford looking for reasons to come he announces for Bama and becomes a big piece in our resurgence.
Told my brother last night the fact that they agreed to let the staff fly to Destin during Spring Break gives the impression they want it to work.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Now I'm curious about the culture at Alabama under Avery. What was it about the culture that bothered Watford and others?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Nothing first hand but the product on the floor was the most obvious evidence. Involved in that was lack of care and and hustle to play the game. Something was broken.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Nothing first hand but the product on the floor was the most obvious evidence. Involved in that was lack of care and and hustle to play the game. Something was broken.
Agreed. I think it boiled down to CAJ not enforcing a culture of accountability for pretty much anything.

I really like the fact that Watford wants to play in a culture of accountability, and all indications are that his parents want it too.

I think we have a fighting chance, though I know Duke will be hard for him to turn down.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Agreed. I think it boiled down to CAJ not enforcing a culture of accountability for pretty much anything.

I really like the fact that Watford wants to play in a culture of accountability, and all indications are that his parents want it too.

I think we have a fighting chance, though I know Duke will be hard for him to turn down.
I know it baffles us when 5 star football players turn us down for a school in their state. We usually say it's because they didn't want to compete and they want to be the "star." But, I also think we underestimate the attraction of playing near home and having the opportunity to have an immediate impact. I think Watford could probably experience that at Bama and, maybe, be a part of something special with CNO. But, he could go to Duke and have a special situation too. He's got options.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I still find it amazing how some of these coaches clearly do not do their jobs, yet they are paid millions in salary and then millions to leave. "The real world" is obviously not where everyone lives. :biggrin2::biggrin:

Edit- Sorry, I'll stay on task here. I hope Watford decides to roll with us. Roll Tide!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Glad to see Pettway staying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. He was a sports hero of my late high school/early college years...was in the arena when he hit that game winner against the Gators which was my first Alabama basketball I ever attended. Glad to see him prosper and stay close to the program.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

WVUA (UA's TV station) reporting he's on the way to campus now. If CNO can get him to go public prior to waiting until 4/20 for the Jordan Brand Classic...
Hasn't been a week yet and Coach Nate is creating all kinds of noise in Bama Hoops. I'm not talking about lip service. Dude has delivered a genuine buzz in T-Town.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.