Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: Trendon Watford

I heard someone (didn't catch the name but I believe he does the March to Madness basketball blog) on a local Huntsville sports radio station (97.7) yesterday and he said the reason LSU was in the mix was because they were very, very structured even down to minute details such as room temperature when the team is on the road and Watford and his parents are looking for that structure. I have to believe CNO is that detailed based on everything I've heard about him up to this point and I also believe that CAJ was not based on his NBA background. I have no idea what kind of coach Penny Hardaway is, he may be great but he may also be a great recruiter/average coach type that wins but never wins big. I know absolutely nothing about the Watford family other than what I've read and heard but my guess is they have done their research and will make the right decision and my gut feeling is that CNO will sign Watford. If that happens then I agree 100% with what someone else posted recently that it will be the basketball equivalent of Saban signing Julio Jones.
Thermostat setting?!?

Wasn't that under Wade?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Yes? LSU was definitely in the mix for Watford while Wade was the coach. Regardless if he comes back or not to coach LSU next year I don't think LSU is in the running for Watford.
Think LSU is out of it unless something happens. I could be wrong, but I think they are up to 4 or 5 who have declared for the draft. It seems to me that the rats are jumping ship while they still can. It is likely LSU will not be a good team and does he want to be on a team that isn't going to get much national coverage.

Penny was his AAU coach and we've seen how AAU coaches fare with player development. Ask any college or high school coach and he'll tell you AAU has hurt basketball from a fundamentals point of view. Coach Oats has proven he can do more with less. If he has better talent, I think he'll be even more successful. And not at just winning, but sending players to the NBA which is Watford's ultimate goal.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

Watford will have no where near the effect that Julio Jones did. Not even close. He is not that much of a game changer.
I heard someone (didn't catch the name but I believe he does the March to Madness basketball blog) on a local Huntsville sports radio station (97.7) yesterday and he said the reason LSU was in the mix was because they were very, very structured even down to minute details such as room temperature when the team is on the road and Watford and his parents are looking for that structure. I have to believe CNO is that detailed based on everything I've heard about him up to this point and I also believe that CAJ was not based on his NBA background. I have no idea what kind of coach Penny Hardaway is, he may be great but he may also be a great recruiter/average coach type that wins but never wins big. I know absolutely nothing about the Watford family other than what I've read and heard but my guess is they have done their research and will make the right decision and my gut feeling is that CNO will sign Watford. If that happens then I agree 100% with what someone else posted recently that it will be the basketball equivalent of Saban signing Julio Jones.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Not that I don't want Trendon to come to Bama, because I do, but if we get the right couple of grad transfers this team should be better than the last.

Rtr

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017

It may not be over yet according to Cecil Hurt I hear Archie Miller is supposed to have in home visit this and maybe CNO too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.