Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Trendon Watford

Pretty sure it's been out there that Watford is not a "one and done." Hope he comes to Bama, but even if he does, I doubt he'd been the best player on the team next year.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

We all hope that TW will come to Alabama, but you know how it goes. We'll win with him or without him. His life, his decision.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

We all hope that TW will come to Alabama, but you know how it goes. We'll win with him or without him. His life, his decision.

Here, here! - and hopefully a win-with/win-without logarithm beyond a fifth or sixth straight 17-12 regular season winning record...

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008

Weird. AFAIK, the Jordan game was never scheduled to be televised.

Very coincidental timing between Wade being "reinstated" and Watford postponing his announcement...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Regardless if Watford is a one-and-done type of player or not, he is a very important recruit given that he is an in-state top 25 in the nation recruit. I have not seen him play so I can't say one way or the other. If Julio had gone to OU we would have been just fine but getting him definitely gave the perception that Bama was on the way back and that CNS was turning things around quickly. Remember back then we couldn't sign a player out of Mobile if our life depended on it. That is why I think the comparison of Trendon to Julio is appropriate. But if we don't sign him then the world is not going to end, we will still put field a basketball team next year and I fully expect us to be in contention for a NCAA tourney berth.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Watford is not going to LSU.
Doug Amos said on his show today prior to Wade's suspension he had a D-1 coach tell him Watford was LSU bound.

He may not be, but the excuse that the game isn't on TV seems pretty weak. He should have already known whether it was or not.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Doug Amos said on his show today prior to Wade's suspension he had a D-1 coach tell him Watford was LSU bound.

He may not be, but the excuse that the game isn't on TV seems pretty weak. He should have already known whether it was or not.
I don't doubt that one bit but LSU is now in shambles and Watford would be making the biggest mistake of his life to go there.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I don't doubt that one bit but LSU is now in shambles and Watford would be making the biggest mistake of his life to go there.
I’m almost positive he’s the first teenager to do that. Sound reasoning and teenager are rarely used together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Are they, though? They're only in shambles if Wade isn't the coach.

I believe we all agree he shouldn't be, but at the moment, he is. Therefore, LSU is "righting" the ship.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I believe we all agree he shouldn't be, but at the moment, he is. Therefore, LSU is "righting" the ship.
That means that their future may not - or my - be a shambles. I didn't look at their reinstating him as a sign that he was necessarily in the clear, more of a desperation move...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

They are in shambles because of the way they handled the situation. They probably suspended Wade too quickly and then they waited around and didn't buy out his contract so they could start looking for another coach. Now they are too late and the coaching carousel has pretty much wound down, Wade hired a top-notch lawyer, and they were more-or-less forced to bring him back. Alleva is an incompetent AD IMHO and I suspect that their finances are so bad they couldn't afford a buyout plus a new coaches salary. I don't think bringing back Wade ends well even if he can salvage the recruiting class and keep a few of the players from leaving. This will be hanging over his head and my guess is the Watford's are smart enough to realize this and have already moved on. He may not sign with Bama but I would be absolutely shocked if he signed with LSU at this point. Memphis would seem to be the obvious team to beat for his signature but I'm still holding out hope he signs with Bama. Given that he was going to announce at a game where Wiseman and Jeffries were going to be makes me less optimistic than I was a few days ago. I haven't been following the whole saga too closely but if I understand correctly Mike Miller was up for the Nevada job and he didn't get it so that does not help us since he is still at Memphis.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That means that their future may not - or my - be a shambles. I didn't look at their reinstating him as a sign that he was necessarily in the clear, more of a desperation move...
There's no way he's in the clear. Their statement claimed there was no evidence of wrongdoing. I'm sorry, what?
They are in shambles because of the way they handled the situation. They probably suspended Wade too quickly and then they waited around and didn't buy out his contract so they could start looking for another coach. Now they are too late and the coaching carousel has pretty much wound down, Wade hired a top-notch lawyer, and they were more-or-less forced to bring him back. Alleva is an incompetent AD IMHO and I suspect that their finances are so bad they couldn't afford a buyout plus a new coaches salary. I don't think bringing back Wade ends well even if he can salvage the recruiting class and keep a few of the players from leaving. This will be hanging over his head and my guess is the Watford's are smart enough to realize this and have already moved on. He may not sign with Bama but I would be absolutely shocked if he signed with LSU at this point. Memphis would seem to be the obvious team to beat for his signature but I'm still holding out hope he signs with Bama. Given that he was going to announce at a game where Wiseman and Jeffries were going to be makes me less optimistic than I was a few days ago. I haven't been following the whole saga too closely but if I understand correctly Mike Miller was up for the Nevada job and he didn't get it so that does not help us since he is still at Memphis.
I see your point now. Did see some say last night LSU was probably back in the picture now, though. Would hope the family is smart enough to realize LSU is on pretty shaky ground at this point, but had the same thought about Ole Miss recruits after their NOA.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

IMO the staff has moved on from him.
You may be right about that. Oats is moving swiftly to get his next team together. If he gets the feeling of being slow played he seems the type that would move on in a hurry. There are a lot of good players out there for what he wants to build on the court so no need to fret over one young player.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.