Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: Trendon Watford

That was the first thing that I thought, but it was an LSU suspension not an NCAA one. So maybe LSU didn’t give him recruiting restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would think that has to be a recruiting violation regardless. Someone who is not currently "official" with regards to LSU, cannot represent LSU..... but again, maybe I'm wrong.

At this point -- I'm sort of glad he's going to LSU.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Coach Pettway had recruited him since before Wade was even at LSU so that doesn't wash. I heard Wimp and Barry this morning. Barry said he thought Wade had paid the family. They went on to say that his brother and dad were in total control of the situation. If Naz Reid was worth 300k, What was Watford worth? If that is the case, that was my feeling all along, that is was about the money,

Hope we kick their tail next year.
Aren't the FBI still involved or are they completely done with their part in this whole situation?

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Aren't the FBI still involved or are they completely done with their part in this whole situation?
Does it matter? He’s still employed after a wiretap of him discussing offers to amateur players. I’m not even sure finding dead bodies in his trunk would get him fired. They are all in down there. Kind of makes you wonder if he has the map to where the skeletons of LSU athletics are hidden....

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I have faith that the student section will be up to the task with signs, etc, when LSU visits Coleman this upcoming season. Huge dollar bills, Show Me The Money, etc.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

This only proves that the Watfords really like Wade. Their reasons could be financial or something else.

Because the evidence strongly suggests it.

LSU firmly in his recruitment until Wade is suspended for the Yahoo report about him being on a wiretap talking about a "strong a-- offer."

LSU immediately becomes the favorite when Wade was reinstated.

LSU stayed the favorite after Wade was mentioned in the FBI trial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This only proves that the Watfords really like Wade. Their reasons could be financial or something else.
They like him so much they are willing to send their son there knowing he might not even be the coach by the time the season rolls around? Ok.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Not the decision most of us would make, but that does not automatically make the family's decision corrupt. Besides, at this very moment -- when the whole world is watching -- are Wade and his bagmen really going to write another check?

They like him so much they are willing to send their son there knowing he might not even be the coach by the time the season rolls around? Ok.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Not the decision most of us would make, but that does not automatically make the family's decision corrupt. Besides, at this very moment -- when the whole world is watching -- are Wade and his bagmen really going to write another check?
You act like he couldn’t already have done it. Weren’t the wiretaps just for the guys cooperating with the FBI? Or was the wiretap on Wade specifically?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Trendon said Wade was communicating with him while suspended. Not going to doubt anything at this point.

You act like he couldn’t already have done it. Weren’t the wiretaps just for the guys cooperating with the FBI? Or was the wiretap on Wade specifically?

The wiretaps were of him talking to defendants in the cases.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Trendon said Wade was communicating with him while suspended. Not going to doubt anything at this point.

The wiretaps were of him talking to defendants in the cases.

So, hypothetically, he could’ve called someone else to deliver the John Deere combine to Watford’s house without it being on a wiretap?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I have faith that the student section will be up to the task with signs, etc, when LSU visits Coleman this upcoming season. Huge dollar bills, Show Me The Money, etc.
I heard that that kid running the sound system at BDS in 2010 got fired for playing "Go on take the money and run" when $cam took the field in the Iron Bowl...

But...the average fan and students would have a little more leeway. ;)

Last edited:

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
JMO, but I think we should just close this thread and move on to what is a NCAA Tournament roster, as well as other threads of potential 5 star recruits that CNO has on tap for 2020.

We are legitimately in the running for Deashin Nix, Namari Burnette, Hunter Dickinson, and Marjon Beaucamp. Not familiar with the names? Looks them up and their highlights. Word is, that we lead for Deashin Nix, #1 PG in the Nation for 2020. I may just start posting threads on those guys. I really feel like we are about to consistently get top recruits here, and they deserve their own threads.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

This is not a court. It is a fan board, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

Wade incidentally hired Pearl's lawyer which should tell you something right there. LSU seems to be on the hear no evil, speak no evil path of defense that Auburn and Pearl blazed a year ago. Does anyone really think the NCAA will truly give substantive punishment to curtail the blatant disregard for the rules? The only way Wade ends up fired is if there is more evidence that he cheats. This is not speculation. There is evidence(wiretaps) he offered 2 players large sums of money to play at LSU. So why are we to think it was any different with Watford.

What may be lost in all this, unless something drastic happens, LSU probably won't be very good next year.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
JMO, but I think we should just close this thread and move on to what is a NCAA Tournament roster, as well as other threads of potential 5 star recruits that CNO has on tap for 2020.

We are legitimately in the running for Deashin Nix, Namari Burnette, Hunter Dickinson, and Marjon Beaucamp. Not familiar with the names? Looks them up and their highlights. Word is, that we lead for Deashin Nix, #1 PG in the Nation for 2020. I may just start posting threads on those guys. I really feel like we are about to consistently get top recruits here, and they deserve their own threads.

I agree with you we signed Rojas today and don't even have a running thread on it. It has just been mentioned in this thread.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.