Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Re: Trendon Watford

Not to be too negative about another program, but what is the big attraction to Memphis? Hardaway hasn't proven anything, whereas Alabama has been on a steady rise, and I don't see a comparison between the teams and venues in our league and those in Memphis' conference. The SEC is a league on the rise right now, and there will be a lot of eyes turned this way from now on.

Rtr
$$$?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Agree. I hope we get Watford. He has stated he wants to go a team that needs him, not just wants him so with Jeffries and Wiseman on board in Memphis, I would think our chances would be better. I saw him on the sideline during the game. The students chanted his name several times.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Agree. I hope we get Watford. He has stated he wants to go a team that needs him, not just wants him so with Jeffries and Wiseman on board in Memphis, I would think our chances would be better. I saw him on the sideline during the game. The students chanted his name several times.
I was joking. Sorta. I don't trust anyone associated with AAU basketball.

I've been pessimistic about us signing Watford but starting to be a bit more optimistic recently although I still figure it's 50/50 at the moment between us and Memphis.

bigmen

Sep 1, 2007

I was joking. Sorta. I don't trust anyone associated with AAU basketball.

I've been pessimistic about us signing Watford but starting to be a bit more optimistic recently although I still figure it's 50/50 at the moment between us and Memphis.

LSU is the one you need to worry about.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Memphis basketball signee James Wiseman keeps up recruiting pressure on Trendon Watford

Regarding game between Memphis East (Wiseman) and Mountain Brook (Watford):
Watford finished with a double-double, scoring 14 of his 18 points in the second half and grabbing 11 rebounds en route to leading Mountain Brook to a 51-47 win. Wiseman had 20 points and seven rebounds. Both were named co-MVPs.

Wiseman, a 7-foot Memphis signee, has been persistent in his efforts to recruit Watford.

"He texts me pretty much every day, so I hear from him pretty much all the time." said Watford

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

What will Bama's inside game look like next season if Watford goes elsewhere?

Is there any hint of a possible big transferring in, maybe JUCO, if Watford escapes?

Does someone other than a senior have to give up a scholarship to make room for Watford (or any other additional signee)?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

What will Bama's inside game look like next season if Watford goes elsewhere?

Is there any hint of a possible big transferring in, maybe JUCO, if Watford escapes?

Does someone other than a senior have to give up a scholarship to make room for Watford (or any other additional signee)?
Right now, there are two scholarship seniors - Norris and Hall. The roster is currently at 12 players. With three 2019 players already signed, that puts the roster at 13 scholarship players. There will have to be some changes.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Right now, there are two scholarship seniors - Norris and Hall. The roster is currently at 12 players. With three 2019 players already signed, that puts the roster at 13 scholarship players. There will have to be some changes.
AJjr is the 3rd scholly senior. Someone else will have to go to sign an additional player.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

AJjr is the 3rd scholly senior. Someone else will have to go to sign an additional player.
I can't find anything concrete, but I could have sworn there was an announcement during the off season he became a walk-on to open a scholarship for someone else.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

I can't find anything concrete, but I could have sworn there was an announcement during the off season he became a walk-on to open a scholarship for someone else.
No that was a rumor on some of the forums but AJjr has been on scholly ever since he got to Tuscaloosa. I believe CAJ made a vague comment a year or so ago that he had options available if we signed an additional player and the clear assumption was that AJjr could be moved to walk-on. I think it was in reference to Kira Lewis while we still had Jared Butler on scholarship but since Butler transferred to Baylor, Kira received his scholarship instead of AJjr's.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.