Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Trendon Watford

Looking back at the picture now. Saban has to be standing on the metal landing on the bleachers. Only explanation for TW to only be an inch or two taller.
If you look at his legs/waist, Saban is clearly standing on the bleachers.

If this kid wants to win, he will go elsewhere. But he will look like a superstar on Alabama's team if he decides to play for the Tide. He could shine more at Alabama than the other schools where he is only one of many great players. Playing for Alabama could actually result in a better draft status for him.

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Maybe hovering?
No, Saban stating his case. If the kid won't come to 'Bama to play fundamental fumblitis for Avery (or his imminent successor:wink:), "Come suit up for my noon pickup game at the 3. Aight?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

He's skinnier than I thought. Would he be ready to play power forward in the SEC as a true freshman?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Saw another clip of Wiseman (Memphis recruit) on the news last night regarding the upcoming McDonald's all-star game. Wiseman said he hopes to room with Watford and is working hard to get Watford to go to Memphis and be part of a National Championship team.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Saw another clip of Wiseman (Memphis recruit) on the news last night regarding the upcoming McDonald's all-star game. Wiseman said he hopes to room with Watford and is working hard to get Watford to go to Memphis and be part of a National Championship team.
If he wants to win a NC, he doesn't need to come to Bama.

But we miss on guys in football all the time who choose other schools knowing they won't win a NC.

So it depends on what he's looking for. If he wants to stay close to home and maybe be "big guy on campus" (in basketball) Bama may be his choice.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Trendon Watford

I’ve seen him play quite a few times. He’s not really what you would call a typical power forward. Actually, the typical PF doesn’t really exist anymore. Most teams now play with a 3 (SF type) at the 4 position (PF). It spreads the floor more for the dribble drive. We are moving into a position less era of ball. Especially in the NBA, which will trickle down to all levels IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I’ve seen him play quite a few times. He’s not really what you would call a typical power forward. Actually, the typical PF doesn’t really exist anymore. Most teams now play with a 3 (SF type) at the 4 position (PF). It spreads the floor more for the dribble drive. We are moving into a position less era of ball. Especially in the NBA, which will trickle down to all levels IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IDK if I could go quite that far, but there's for sure a lot more crossover and a lot more "tweeners" playing multiple positions...

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL

We'll be playing our home games next year at BJCC due to the construction of Coleman, correct? Seems like it could be fun for him to play home games his first year virtually where all his friends/family could see him with ease. But who knows what he is looking for. I've heard he isn't turning a blind eye to hopes of getting assisted handshakes

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

We'll be playing our home games next year at BJCC due to the construction of Coleman, correct? Seems like it could be fun for him to play home games his first year virtually where all his friends/family could see him with ease. But who knows what he is looking for. I've heard he isn't turning a blind eye to hopes of getting assisted handshakes
Don't think the renovations will begin next season. Think it's 2021-2022 season.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Don't think the renovations will begin next season. Think it's 2021-2022 season.
21-22 is the earliest it will begin.
As an aside, I really hope that plan changes. I'm convinced we need a brand new arena. I like the way the renderings/computer generated preview looks, but I just keep thinking of the old saying "lipstick on a pig."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.