Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
Re: Trendon Watford

I believe it will be Alabama or Indiana why would he trust L$U and Memphis is trying to get Precious , so I think in the end it will be the good guys. He would fit into CNO system.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

Mock drafts do not mean much. Look where they had Herb Jones last year. Not even close.
Bucky just said on Wimp's show in Tuscaloosa that Trendon will decide within the next week or so (two weeks at the latest). He also hinted at two assistants recruiting him the longest being a big factor; those two assistants are at LSU and Memphis.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1121406252150657033

Talk over the last few months has pointed to him not being a one-and-done type of guy. The most recent ESPN mock draft for 2020 has him going #14, though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Mock drafts do not mean much. Look where they had Herb Jones last year. Not even close.

The point being the NBA scouts and analysts seem to like him more than we were led to believe a few months ago. As far as Herb goes, that projection was based on continued improvement from coaching. He didn't get that.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

So it's possible we will have his decision around the second week in May then.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

What is Watford waiting for now? If he has decided already, maybe he has told the coaches. If he has decided and it still keeping it under wraps then this has become ridiculous; I guess we really don't know...

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

With the way the staff has been pursing other potential recruits for this upcoming season and the available scholarships Bama has to offer, it leads me to think they do not feel good about Watford. I may be totally wrong and would really like to be, but I just don't think Bama signs him.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

With the way the staff has been pursing other potential recruits for this upcoming season and the available scholarships Bama has to offer, it leads me to think they do not feel good about Watford. I may be totally wrong and would really like to be, but I just don't think Bama signs him.
Yeah, I was thinking the very same thing...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I think as a staff if you do not have a Plan B then you are not doing your job. I don't like what I heard from one of our posters about what Bucky said but you don't ever put all your eggs in one basket.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017

Sad thing I believe wants to come but his folks are sounding like they are wanting handouts. do they not realize he is only hour away from T Town.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Not sure what is going to happen but I would imagine the staff already has a good idea of where we stand with his recruitment and Rojas is on ice just waiting for Trendon to make it official.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.