Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Re: Trendon Watford

At this point I’m about done with Watford. If he signs with us, fine. If not, that’s fine too. I’m sure CNO has a Plan B and will move on to it (if he hasn’t already) if Watford lands on elsewhere.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

At this point I’m about done with Watford. If he signs with us, fine. If not, that’s fine too. I’m sure CNO has a Plan B and will move on to it (if he hasn’t already) if Watford lands on elsewhere.
My thoughts exactly. Heck, I'm almost to the point where I'd like to see CNO move on from Watford and finish out the roster so we can be done with this drama.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

It’s the kid’s life, kid’s decision. If any of us were faced with multiple career-making job offers, nobody would begrudge us taking all the time available to make the most informed choice.

Why do we think a teenager from a solid family is being overly dramatic or on the take? Mom and dad have been through this circus before. Maybe they’ve learned a few things.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

It’s the kid’s life, kid’s decision. If any of us were faced with multiple career-making job offers, nobody would begrudge us taking all the time available to make the most informed choice.

Why do we think a teenager from a solid family is being overly dramatic or on the take? Mom and dad have been through this circus before. Maybe they’ve learned a few things.
I agree. Just because you're an in-state kid looking out of state doesn't automatically mean you're following the money. However, the who, in this case is what brings some of the suspicion.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Never said I “begrudged” him taking all the he wanted. Nor did I state I felt the kid or the family was “on the take”. I stated that I was “done” in terms of where he decides to go, meaning I am indifferent to his decision whether he lands at Bama or some place else. If it’s Bama, great. If not, more power to him and best of luck.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

Never said I “begrudged” him taking all the he wanted. Nor did I state I felt the kid or the family was “on the take”. I stated that I was “done” in terms of where he decides to go, meaning I am indifferent to his decision whether he lands at Bama or some place else. If it’s Bama, great. If not, more power to him and best of luck.
Notice that he didn't quote you because it was a general statement to many and not you in particular.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

According to reports, Watford was going to announce during the Jordan Classic but elected not to because it was not televised. If this is true, then Watford has already made the decision and he it dragging this out for attention. If he is truly still trying to decide then good for him and hope he gets it done soon.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

According to reports, Watford was going to announce during the Jordan Classic but elected not to because it was not televised. If this is true, then Watford has already made the decision and he it dragging this out for attention. If he is truly still trying to decide then good for him and hope he gets it done soon.
That’s what he tweeted was the reason for the delay. Pretty much debunked by his continued recruitment and various comments from his camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Why don't we just wait and see what happens instead of judging his motives? Sure hope he or influential people advising him aren't reading some of this.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

On an Internet message board?
I don't mean that his recruitment shouldn't/couldn't be discussed because that's why we are here, but when the discussion bleeds over into some recent comments that could damage our chances of landing him, assuming we are still in it, we need to be careful. From time to time we are reminder that players, recruits and parents sometimes read/participate in posts on Tidefans.

I think it's a delicate balance of discussing situations like this and not allowing it to get personal/assuming his motives.

Last edited:

JeffwallaceUA

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 22, 2019

I'll be patient. But, if he goes to LSU, the only logical reason would be that he got paid. Given the circumstances and the state of their team with everyone leaving. Plus the evidence of wade on tape discussing paying players.

LegionField

1st Team
Sep 21, 2004
AL

I'll be patient. But, if he goes to LSU, the only logical reason would be that he got paid. Given the circumstances and the state of their team with everyone leaving. Plus the evidence of wade on tape discussing paying players.
same here........

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.