Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Re: Trendon Watford

Looks like chances are good you can stop checking this thread now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob_saget14

Apr 17, 2019

Yeah you can stop checking this thread b/c there’s about a 0% chance he comes to bama.

Again, 94% of crystal balls have him going to LSU. 247sports doesn’t miss that badly when it’s less than a week away from the commitment date. The only way that changes is if some new detrimental info about Will Wade’s situation there comes out, which I doubt it will before May 20th. Even if God is kind enough to grant us this miracle, it sounds like Watford would rather go to Memphis and I’m sure they would find a way to make room for him.

What we should be concerned about is loosing a good player in James Rojas because we’re making him wait until Trendon has made a decision. We’ve already lost a good one in RJ Cole...

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

Yeah you can stop checking this thread b/c there’s about a 0% chance he comes to bama.

Again, 94% of crystal balls have him going to LSU. 247sports doesn’t miss that badly when it’s less than a week away from the commitment date. The only way that changes is if some new detrimental info about Will Wade’s situation there comes out, which I doubt it will before May 20th. Even if God is kind enough to grant us this miracle, it sounds like Watford would rather go to Memphis and I’m sure they would find a way to make room for him.

What we should be concerned about is loosing a good player in James Rojas because we’re making him wait until Trendon has made a decision. We’ve already lost a good one in RJ Cole...
The point they're making is that they don't need to check the thread because now they know when the announcement will be. The consensus here seems to be that those crystal balls don't mean much considering the unique circumstances involved all of the way around.

I see you're new here. Get a feel for the board before making any more borderline, the sky is falling posts.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Question: If Trendon commits to us on Monday, since its after the signing period...do we dare tell Rojas he needs to look elsewhere. This looks like a potentially bad situation for us unless Trendon secretly signed before the signing period is over...

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

RJ Cole committing to UCONN had more to do with the fact that his dad had UCONN ties, than it did with Trendon Watford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Question: If Trendon commits to us on Monday, since its after the signing period...do we dare tell Rojas he needs to look elsewhere. This looks like a potentially bad situation for us unless Trendon secretly signed before the signing period is over...
How is it a bad situation for Rojas? I would think the staff were honest with him.....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

I had wondered that if Rojas doesn't sign with anyone on the 15th, if that then means that Watford is going to LSU and Rojas to UA.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I had wondered that if Rojas doesn't sign with anyone on the 15th, if that then means that Watford is going to LSU and Rojas to UA.
If that is the case, one has to assume the staff already knows Watford is going to LSU. If they do know that, call his bluff and announce Rojas's signing.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

If that is the case, one has to assume the staff already knows Watford is going to LSU. If they do know that, call his bluff and announce Rojas's signing.
And that's the hole in my logic. The only reason I can come up with is that they want the hat on the table on TV. That's probably a stupid reason to not call the bluff.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

How is it a bad situation for Rojas? I would think the staff were honest with him.....

It would be a bad situation for US. If we don't/can't get a signature, then he could change his mind and then we would be stuck without EITHER of them...

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Putting off his commitment past signing day is going to wind up screwing somebody over. Us, Rojas or another school...

If he is announcing in five days, then he already knows. If he has not secretly signed with us, in my opinion we should move on with Rojas.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble seeing the logic of someone getting screwed.... today is the last day to sign a binding LOI... after today, they can just show up the campus.if team want Rojas or Watford, then they are willing to wait past the signing date.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.