Trendon Watford (Commits to LSU)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: Trendon Watford

. I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble seeing the logic of someone getting screwed ... today is the last day to sign a binding LOI... after today, they can just show up the campus.if team want Rojas or Watford, then they are willing to wait past the signing date.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The "willing to wait" part is what I am talking about. Think about WHY someone would be unwilling to wait....

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

It is kind of hard to tell how many spots they have left, going to look around to see what I can find. Here's a good article that give's more feedback on Memphis' recruiting class from their local paper. They seem to be all in on Achiuwa. Either way, we will officially know what our roster will be this Wednesday. May 15 is the last day for the signing period: https://www.commercialappeal.com/st...er-quinones-penny-hardaway-tigers/1169256001/

*Edit – on a side note, most the post on Memphis fan boards seem to think they miss on Trendon
So to recant ... we will officially know on Monday :cool2:

bob_saget14

Apr 17, 2019

The point they're making is that they don't need to check the thread because now they know when the announcement will be. The consensus here seems to be that those crystal balls don't mean much considering the unique circumstances involved all of the way around.

I see you're new here. Get a feel for the board before making any more borderline, the sky is falling posts.
Quality post man. Thanks for the unique insight.

bob_saget14

Apr 17, 2019

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/A...nt-recruiting-updates-Crystal-Ball-132024580/

This article has a disturbing Trendon quote where he tries to defend his consideration of LSU:

"Auburn had a lot hanging over their program and they went to the Final Four this year," Watford said. "That [lingering sanctions] wouldn't really affect me."

I know Trendon is a game changing type talent, but do we really want someone who is ok with cheating in our program? The last thing we need is NCAA sanctions right when this team is about to take off.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I think it's been a mistake to wait this long, but I figure he must have given Oates some reason to hope...
Really hoping that's the case, no pun intended. It is interesting to see that there are thee recruits in the top 100 still deciding after the NLI period is up, and one player just re-opened their recruitment. Achiuwa is announcing over the weekend.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

It's always bothered me when a player goes beyond the national deadline...kinda like saying that "I am extra special and I should have my own special day..."

He may truly be confused, but I am not seeing any indication of that.:rolleye2:

His decision impacts a few other players (Rojas and the on and on...) and that to me sees rather selfish...

Last edited:

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

It's always bothered me when a player goes beyond the national deadline...kinda like saying that "I am extra special and I should have my own special day..."
Me, too. I get the feeling that a circus may be following him and it may not be worth it . . . even for one season.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Whether Watford signs with us or not, CNO and CAP have to be seen to be recruiting the hell out of him no matter what. You can not give up on a five-star prospect from your home state. By now a lot of us don't even care where he goes, but if he gets to LSU and is all-SEC and a lottery pick a lot of questions are going to be asked as to why we didn't try harder on him. Coach Nate has to play this out as far as it goes even if HE knows that Watford isn't coming here. He has no choice.

rtr

DWiser

1st Team
Sep 21, 2003
Columbus, MS

Wonder if Precious Achiuwa signing with Memphis helps Alabama out, as Memphis is sure to be out of scholarships. Hopoing he doesn't leave for LSwho

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.