Alabama practice report: New look in secondary

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
Really pleased, but not surprised in the least, that Surtain is getting reps with the 1's. I thought that Surtain and his father probably had a lot of hours logged together in film study before he enrolled and he had a big jump on most Fr. in relation to understanding of scheme and passing off receivers in combo coverages, which is probably the most difficult thing for young secondary personnel to grasp without live reps. It's a very advanced system, even for collegiate athletics, at the highest level.

pop11011

Scout Team
Jul 6, 2007
Well, if he connects on 3 4yard passes constantly, he’s burning clock and wearing the defense down........ and as long as scores come at the end of those drives, then I will take it........I don’t think that would help Ole Miss
I would take a dozen short passes to Waddle any game!

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
In a game that we face a good QB and great WR’s, you slow the game down with our great running backs. Coach hasn’t forgotten that. They can’t put points up if they are on the sideline most of the game. If mistakes are made and we need to dig out of a situation, we have a phenom at QB ourselves that can do anything we ask. I am not worried the least that we won’t ROLL THE MUDSHARKS!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.