Link: The Aggies of College Station, TX are now the most valuable football program

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
So they've done the least with the most. Seems about right.
Up to this point within the SEC that answer is yes. But going by what Jimbo put on the field last weekend. This "ain't gone be" a Kevin Sumlin type team anymore where they start out hot and fade like a cheap shirt around midseason.

But regarding the move to the SEC. A lot of Big 12 fans said it was "stupid" for them to make the move, specifically Texas fans. But the funny thing is Texas has long been the richest program in that conference and what do they really have to show for it? Not much of anything.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Up to this point within the SEC that answer is yes. But going by what Jimbo put on the field last weekend. This "ain't gone be" a Kevin Sumlin type team anymore where they start out hot and fade like a cheap shirt around midseason.

But regarding the move to the SEC. A lot of Big 12 fans said it was "stupid" for them to make the move, specifically Texas fans. But the funny thing is Texas has long been the richest program in that conference and what do they really have to show for it? Not much of anything.
My point really has nothing to do with the Kevin Sumlin era but the Texas A & M program as a whole (Texas too). They've always had the money and traditionally have done little with it. Could Jimbo change this. Maybe and consider me skeptical due to meddling by people who have no business meddling in the program. He definitely the best coach they've hired since Bryant.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm talking to a lot of UT fans and I ask them what's wrong and they just shrug their shoulders.

I think they signed a good class last year. I'm under the impression they've got talent. Nobody seems to know, and I consider some of these guys very knowledgable fans.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm talking to a lot of UT fans and I ask them what's wrong and they just shrug their shoulders.

I think they signed a good class last year. I'm under the impression they've got talent. Nobody seems to know, and I consider some of these guys very knowledgable fans.

90% of Texas fans never rise above the level of bumper sticker/cliche knowledge. Here's what they know:

1) 2005 national champs, yay!!!

2) If Colt hadn't got hurt....

3) We got more money than anyone....

4) Saban is coming here next.....all we gotta do is make the bid and Alabama can't hang with us

I know more about Spanish than they know about Texas football, and the only words I know in Spanish are Del Taco, Erik Estrada, agua, and Rougned Odor.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I think TA&M is positioned along with UGA to be the dynastic type teams after CNS retires. I'm not saying I want that...but that I think this will take place. They have too many advantages of money, fans, player pool, money, money and more money.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
90% of Texas fans never rise above the level of bumper sticker/cliche knowledge. Here's what they know:

1) 2005 national champs, yay!!!

2) If Colt hadn't got hurt....

3) We got more money than anyone....

4) Saban is coming here next.....all we gotta do is make the bid and Alabama can't hang with us

I know more about Spanish than they know about Texas football, and the only words I know in Spanish are Del Taco, Erik Estrada, agua, and Rougned Odor.
What about Nacho Libre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
The wrestling association?
I think so - I never saw the movie. Just another Spanish word I knew. [emoji6]. I grew up in West Texas & know a lot about Texas high school football in the 70s but never followed much college until I moved to Tuscaloosa in 1981. It was all about Friday Night Lights & Dallas Cowboys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Going to get better for them with Fisher. Herman needs to up his game.
I think you're exactly right Gray. The problem is if they fire Herman, who do they replace him with? They can afford anyone, there just aren't any elite coaches available. Maybe Urban might want it if he leaves OSU.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Texas still has their BIG HATS...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.