Massive stockpile of bottled water found in Puerto Rico a year after Maria

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
to be fair I have a buddy in shipping and logistics that was involved. From what he told me it was relatively easy to get stuff to Puerto Rico but extremely hard to get anything into the island. PR used to be a part of my territory and it was difficult enough to get around before the storm hit and took out bridges everywhere. I can't even begin to fully grasp how difficult it could be post Maria. He told me even when they found trucks they couldn't find drivers and when they found both trucks and drivers they simply couldn't get the supplies where they were needed as the roads were impassable. It was and is a total mess

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
to be fair I have a buddy in shipping and logistics that was involved. From what he told me it was relatively easy to get stuff to Puerto Rico but extremely hard to get anything into the island. PR used to be a part of my territory and it was difficult enough to get around before the storm hit and took out bridges everywhere. I can't even begin to fully grasp how difficult it could be post Maria. He told me even when they found trucks they couldn't find drivers and when they found both trucks and drivers they simply couldn't get the supplies where they were needed as the roads were impassable. It was and is a total mess
Yah, I have a buddy who flies in supplies almost weekly, he says it's gotten a lot better. At this point, there's no excuse for this much water to just be sitting, for almost a year, while there is need.

No need of speaking about Obama that way. lol j/k
part of the problem, sure

they've also been screwed by us for decades and had a terrible response from the worst president in my lifetime to compound the issues
I will say though, that President Trump's response was extremely poor. The result of his action or lack there of has actually led to the death of a LOT of people. That isn't cool. He should be ashamed of himself but should learn from that huge mistake. I hope that he has.

Also, PR has the water. The people of PR are resourceful. There is NO reason THAT much water should be sitting in one spot.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I will say though, that President Trump's response was extremely poor. The result of his action or lack there of has actually led to the death of a LOT of people. That isn't cool. He should be ashamed of himself but should learn from that huge mistake. I hope that he has.
When has Trump ever demonstrated learning from his mistakes? He was wondering around claiming that Maria and the resultant death of 3000 American citizens was one of his great unsung victories, so I'm gonna side with "nope."

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Yah, I have a buddy who flies in supplies almost weekly, he says it's gotten a lot better. At this point, there's no excuse for this much water to just be sitting, for almost a year, while there is need.
I agree that the excuse is now gone

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Given this discussion....I'm wondering:

How did those 3K people die?

Injured from flying debris?

Drowned?

Starved to death?

Dehydration from lack of fluids?

Heat exhaustion?

Died from infection or lingering health issues caused by storm?

Combination of all of the above?

And when did the deaths occur relative to the date of the storm? How many died the day the storm hit - the day after - or two days after, etc., etc.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Given this discussion....I'm wondering:

How did those 3K people die?

Injured from flying debris?

Drowned?

Starved to death?

Dehydration from lack of fluids?

Heat exhaustion?

Died from infection or lingering health issues caused by storm?

Combination of all of the above?

And when did the deaths occur relative to the date of the storm? How many died the day the storm hit - the day after - or two days after, etc., etc.
yes to everything but the last question

pretty sure there is a fairly detailed report now on the last 2 though

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Donald J. Trump
✔@realDonaldTrump

3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000...
5:37 AM - Sep 13, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Donald J. Trump
✔@realDonaldTrump

.....This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!
5:49 AM - Sep 13, 2018

The man is delusional. He is also completely about himself. And when people die for reasons documented to be related to a hurricane and his administration's response to it he blames democrats for making it up (even though documentation exists). Am I more angry or disgusted? I don't know. I just know I'm not surprised.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.