News Article: Change at kicker now official

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Yep, it looked like a forgone conclusion after the game Saturday. I just hope he will keep it up. They say his leg is strong. He was hitting them right down the middle. It seems his confidence is high.

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
Thank God. I remember seeing Bulovas at A-Day, and I couldn't understand why he wasn't being used. I'm glad the change is official.

Roll Tide over the Rebearsharks!!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Hallelujah.

Worrying about missing chip-shot filed goals is one thing - holding your breath on XPAs is a whole other level of nervousness...

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Crazy thing was while Jones wasn’t all that at field goals at Temple he was 102/104 in XPA. Something has gotten in his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Crazy thing was while Jones wasn’t all that at field goals at Temple he was 102/104 in XPA. Something has gotten in his head.

Maybe the bigger stage did him in?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Apparently Bulovas looks shaky in practice but seems to love the crowds. There have always been players who you wouldn’t recognize at practice but on game day the beast was unleashed. Hopefully this will be the case and we will have a kicker.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I am glad Saban switched kickers. I was at the game, and it was crazy the way Austin missed the kicks. It was also embarrassing that our home crowd booed him.

I hope Bulovas does well, but I also hope Saban puts in Austin Jones once or twice during games where we have a huge lead/blowout so he can get his mental issues fixed and confidence back. If Bulovas starts missing field goals and/or extra points, what then?

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I am glad Saban switched kickers. I was at the game, and it was crazy the way Austin missed the kicks. It was also embarrassing that our home crowd booed him.

I hope Bulovas does well, but I also hope Saban puts in Austin Jones once or twice during games where we have a huge lead/blowout so he can get his mental issues fixed and confidence back. If Bulovas starts missing field goals and/or extra points, what then?
I don’t even want to ponder that but agree on getting Austin’s head right....... and that booing is ridiculous

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.