Bama vs A&M official Tidefans meetup/ planning thread

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Thanks. How do you enlarge the pics to read the names?

NVM Got it. Those are some good looking folks.
We had to blur out tattooguy21's face because he's so pretty his face would break the internet.

Seriously, though, I don't think we can thank him enough for putting this on. Not only was a great time had by all but this very well could be the start of one of Tidefans.com's greatest traditions.

As for doing this again next year, I have a couple thoughts on that...

First, at least a little later in the year would probably be much better for both comfort and participation - plus I'd have an excuse for making a batch of my world-famous triple-threat chili!
:biggrin2:

Second, I think Kickstarter - or something similar - might be the way to go for funding and attendance. Folks could pledge an amount to attend or simply support the cause but would only be charged if enough "interest" is pledged for the event. You could have a $5 supporter level for those who want to chip in a little but wouldn't be able to attend, a $10-$15 named supporter level for those who want to chip in a little extra and would receive some sort of online thank-you by name from the group, a multiples-of-$25 attendance level(s) for those who want to attend, and then sponsor levels above that which would garner attendance plus some sort of official Tidefans-related bonuses - like a t-shirt, autographed Tidefans celebrity photo, etc.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
What a sorry looking crew. I wish I hadn’t seen the pictures.

OTOH, the women are HAWT!

Seriously, I’d like to get in on one of these. I’m game for next year and can help with the finances.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Great pics from the tailgate! Wish I could have come. I hope to make it next year.
I'd be willing to chip in a bit even if I can't go. Someone can sit in the NT17 chair or wave the NT17 TideFans banner. :D
So cool to put some faces to names. If I ever have the opportunity I’ll certainly join in.
Awesome pics! Glad you guys had a great time. I hope a new tradition has begun.
I'd be willing to chip in some fundage for future events. Yesterday, I was honestly too hot to walk anywhere.
Too hot in September for doing a whole lot of outdoor stuff - if you have a choice I mean.

I would think something in late October - or anytime in November - would be more accommodating, weather-wise.

Kudos to Tattoo Guy and all who contributed - love the whole concept!
I hate we didn’t make it by! We didn’t get as early a start as we planned and didn’t even make it to Tuscaloosa until just before 2. By the time we got off the trolley and into the stadium, it was only a few minutes before kick off. We even missed the flyover. [emoji24] If it is ever done again, we will plan better on our end!! Loved seeing the pics though.
[emoji1474]
Did I miss the pics?????
cool to put names with faces!! Love this! RTR!!
We could have huge cutouts (Fatheads) of any TF poster that cannot attend, but would like to be there in spirit...Our own TF HOF...(Hall of Fans)...RTR!!!
What a sorry looking crew. I wish I hadn’t seen the pictures.

OTOH, the women are HAWT!

Seriously, I’d like to get in on one of these. I’m game for next year and can help with the finances.
Please check out the new thread created by crimsonaudio. It's in regards to future gatherings like this one.

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302901

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Yah, TattooGuy21 killed it with the planning on this one (and of course, the funding) - it was great meeting all you folks (and your better halves). Even my UT-grad father had a good time and was graciously accepted.

Not surprisingly, y'all are a bunch of super-cool folks, even to a dweeb like me. I'm going consider setting this up annually (later in the season, though - the heat before the rain was pretty bad) for TF posters.
Crimsonaudio, how was your dad able to get into the game with that UGLY cap? Well, I guess your dad is your dad. Does the U. S. Constitution give your father the RIGHT to wear that hat in Tuscaloosa?

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
... this type of "real gathering" is why I created TideFans as a "virtual gathering" over 20+ years ago ... to bring dispersed folks together ! Thank you tattooguy21 for organizing and inviting the TF family to join you. I love the pics and so good to put faces with monikers!

Crimsonaudio has already started planning for the next one here.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Enjoyed these pics. I was in Colorado last week...much cooler there than T-town.

It was good seeing the faces of some of these regular posters. Wish I could have been there!

Living in Texas I don't get to go to many games in Alabama anymore.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Thanks for the pics...looks like you all had a great time. Glad to put faces to names...personalizes this format somewhat.

Trying to decide whether to go to the SC game in Columbia next year. It's about the only chance I will get to see Bama in person...but that's one hot, uncomfortable stadium.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.