Bama vs A&M official Tidefans meetup/ planning thread

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

LAST UPDATED 1132, Friday, 20 SEPT
If you need me from this point on, PM me....

This latest update is a cleanup of what is hopefully one of my final post, update on some of the catering, and other small changes (all listed in RED).

And there's one more thing. I'm getting a lot of thank yous and such on here, but keep this in mind. None of this would even be remotely possibly without guys like JessN, Tide-HSV, Crimsonaudio and many, many others who created and keep this site up/going in the first place. Be sure to do your part to keep the site and opportunities like this possible by shopping in the store, etc. None of the admins requested that I write this.

If you're looking for the tent it should be easy to find with the TIDEFANS BANNER (image at the bottom) we'll be putting up. BEWARE: The University has given us permission to post the banner BUT at any time they may just as easily swing by and say, "Y'know what, we changed our minds. Take it down." As such, if you aren't sure it's THE tent, just ask.
We'll be at 38c.

Finalized timeline
0700 Tent will be set up
1015-1045 Lunch catering delivered
1200 Official Tidefans meet up
1:00 Tidefans photo
2:00 I'm walking over to the game (Tent will remain open for anyone who wants to enjoy themselves and some football)
2:30 Game time
Post game rally at the tent until 1.5 hours AFTER THE GAME IS OVER.

Provided will be...
20x20 tent
12 tailgate chairs
Three 6' tables with linen
TVs (1-3 depending on how things work out)
Catered lunch from Newks, Crimson Catering, Chick-fil-a, and Jim n'Nicks
Coolers with ice
Fans
cornhole (thank you uafan4life)
Name tapes

Foods will be
From Newks
STEAK PLATTER
• Grilled sirloin with Provolone Cheese & Caramelized Onions
• Served with Sister Schubert Sandwich Rolls
• Extra sides of White BBQ sauce & Horseradish
Q PLATTER
· Grilled Chicken Breast with White BBQ Sauce, Swiss Cheese, & Crumbled Bacon
• Served with Sister Schubert Sandwich Rolls
• Extra sides of White BBQ sauce

From the Crimson Catering Company
5 Pounds of Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork
24 Buns
Pickle Chips
2 Pints of Crimson BBQ Sauce
1 Pint of White BBQ Sauce

From Jim n' Nicks
50 smoked wings (ranch & blue cheese)

From Chick-fil-A
-Nuggets (Polynesian & chick-fil-a sauces)

There will also be cornbread and beans because otherwise......we'd be communist.
There will also be water, a few sodas, and a bit of the spirits.

You may want to bring
-an additional chair (12 provided minus the 2 I'm RSVPing for myself)
-a few drinks/ BYOB (6/12 pack)
-a "Roll Tide" attitude
-if you'd like something sweet, feel free to bring it
Cost of admission: "Happy birthday and Roll Tide" to my wife, T-bone (that's her real name, not her screen name).

ADVICE
Be familiar with traffic closures, all of which can be found on the handy dandy maps provided or via the uagameday.com website and app (which will pop up the moment you visit that site from your mobile device.
I recommend downloading the image file on the forum with info on the area prior to arrival. The university says that this year they’ve greatly increased the data service for both AT&T and Verizon specifically in the area on gamedays. I know in previous years I couldn’t get anything to load, much less the forums during gameday.

Lets say you don't want to go to the game and just want to hang out. That's fine. The tent and all the fixin's will remain up until 1.5 hours after the game. Feel free to hang out, watch the TVs, and eat the food. I personally plan on going to the game and as soon as it's over heading back over to the tent, relaxing for the remaining time while watching some other games and traffic dissipates, then letting the tear down crew do their thing.
Regarding valuables, please remember that once we leave for the game, there won't be anyone at the tent. There will be Tailgate guy staff roaming the grounds (looking out for their equipment) but they are not security and it's not their responsibility. So if you have your great grandfathers lucky folding chair and you decide to bring it and leave it....that's on you.
Again, I ask that the ONLY thing you post here is an RSVP with numbers, and a time you expect you'll swing through (for my planning purposes). If you really want to bring something or have a question, please PM me. I'll update the thread as pertinent information comes out. I'll be a the tent myself from about 0630 on.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Btw, if you want the easy way to find me, I'll be the 6'ish guy with the houndstooth beanie on, regardless of temperature.

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Put me down for a +1, as well.

We'll try to get there as early as we can but, being a 2.5-hour drive, our arrival time will greatly depend upon how early I can get the wife out the door. :biggrin2:

I'll bring a few six-packs of craft beer. I'll let someone else bring some ....water beer. :)

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
ccc2259 + 1. We'll arrive about 10:00, so exclude us from breakfast, but we'll do lunch. Look forward to meeting and hanging with you guys.

Thanks again for doing this.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
At this point it looks to be only me. My wife is going to be entertaining the rest of our group. I will swing by at around 10:30 and hang for an hour or two. Really looking forward to it.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Hello all, I've updated the thread for what I think will probably be one of the final times. I'll check back in during the week to keep this thread near the top so that people who may find out they can come to the game at the last minute are tracking this.

If you know of tidefan members in the Tuscaloosa area that want to simply swing by that morning before the game to hang out a bit and then travel back home to watch the game, that's fine. We'd just like everyone to come out, meet up, and have a good time.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I can bring a cornhole set, if needed.

Since SEC Nation is going to be in Tuscaloosa for this game, I'm trying to talk my wife into arriving early in the morning. For those more familiar with early-morning traffic patterns, will it be possible to drop off at or near Presidential Park before heading to our reserved parking lot?

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Re: Bama vs A&M official Tidefans meetup/ planning thread

.... will it be possible to drop off at or near Presidential Park before heading to our reserved parking lot?
According to UA, drop off time is until 0830. I've updated another map that shows ONE of the drop off locations and time. On the map showing the presidential park, the drop off location is also annotated.

I'll reconfirm times and location IVO presidential park tomorrow to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I’ll be in ttown that day and will try to make it sometime between 1100am-1pm. I’ve never made it to one of these gatherings in over 15 yrs on the board, so I’m looking forward to it.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
My son and I are coming over from Columbia, SC. We just decided last night on a whim to make the trip. Can't commit, but will try to swing by - don't count us as eating or anything though as I'm a solid "maybe". This is a pretty cool idea, hope we get by.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Are you serious, Clark?

This is beyond awesome! How fun??!! I'm coming to T-town for my first on-campus game in several years. My crew of 4 will likely arrive in town, parking southwest of the stadium (Queen City area, I think), around noon-ish. Since we aren't "regulars" we don't really know where to go, what to do, etc. Your offer is fabulous. Please confirm that bringing four total is okay. I don't want to overload your setup. It would be me, the wife, and two permanently-hungry college-age sons. We'd love to stop by, meet you and other Tidefans folks, tell your wife happy birthday, eat a bite of your food, and then go watch Bama thrash A&M! Please let me know.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.