In Brasil: Sterilization is the best pill

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I would like to believe so, But given the level of lunacy from the QAnon voters, I would hardly think it wouldn't be plausible.
I doubt there are very many districts that you can even win a house seat just with the support of the extremists on either side of the aisle. You cannot be so repugnant as to turn off the center right if you are a republican or the center left if you are a democrat. It might win primaries but it does not win general elections.

Reactions: seebell

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I doubt there are very many districts that you can even win a house seat just with the support of the extremists on either side of the aisle. You cannot be so repugnant as to turn off the center right if you are a republican or the center left if you are a democrat. It might win primaries but it does not win general elections.
Trump 2016

Reactions: 92tide and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's like you have not been paying attention the last few years.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
It's like you have not been paying attention the last few years.
I would argue that what has happened in the past few years is why you will see less voters supporting extreme candidates. I know Trump voters that voted for him in 2016 (thinking he would not be that bad) that refused to vote for a republican in 2020. I even think there are a few tidefans that did the same
boebert, taylor-greene, pretty much the rest of the jawjuh gop congressional folk, jordan, gozar, gaetz, and many others too
Georgia has 2 Democratic senators now. I actually blame the Republicans extremism for this.

Reactions: seebell and 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I would argue that what has happened in the past few years is why you will see less voters supporting extreme candidates. I know Trump voters that voted for him in 2016 (thinking he would not be that bad) that refused to vote for a republican in 2020. I even think there are a few tidefans that did the same

Georgia has 2 Democratic senators now. I actually blame the Republicans extremism for this.
i don't blame them, i thank them ;). i'm hoping it nets us a democratic governor in 2022 too. the gop can't gerrymander statewide offices and abrams and warnock are pretty bad ass at organizing, inspiring and getting out the vote.

kemp is a special kind of moron and i don't know if he is going to be able to hold off perdue and they are going to make each other look like even bigger idiots during the primary

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I am seeing more extremism over the last few years, and I am also seeing signs that the GOP will easily take back the senate in 2022. Hate sells.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I am seeing more extremism over the last few years, and I am also seeing signs that the GOP will easily take back the senate in 2022. gerrymandering sells.
FIFY
The GOP cannot win a majority of votes in the U.S. Instead they gerrymander, disenfranchise voters, etc. That and they rely heavily on the senate where you can control one chamber of Congress without the majority of Americans vote.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
The divide isn't Democrat/Republican or conservative/liberal. kissinger wrote the security memorandum that led to USAID sterilizing more than 24 million Brasilian women some as young as 14 years old. clinton's usaid partnered with the fujimori government to sterilize 200,000 indigenous Peruvians. (usaid's position that is that they stopped working with the fujimori government as soon as they discovered that the sterilization program was coercive. However, considering this program did not start until 3 years after the Brasilian government accused them of genocide, and they did not stop until after congress passed the bipartisan Tiahrt (R-Kansas) amendment telling usaid not to be evil [fornication]-heads. So, I don't buy the version). governor schwarzenegger fought legal settlements for prisoners that were coercively sterilized during his administration. And the Canadians with whatever metric system political alignment are still sterilizing indigenous people.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Just FYI. Today many OB/GYN doctors remove the Fallopian tubes instead of just cutting them or tying them. There are some studies that indicate a higher rate of Ovarian cancer if the Fallopian tubes are left in place. So once removed there is no going back.
FWIW - many doctors still make the husband sign for the procedure as well. It is not required, but strongly recommended that they do, so as to prevent any legal issues down the road. While I understand the why - I was still resentful about it - but mine happily signed the papers - since otherwise I'd have insisted he get snipped. I switched doctors at 5 months since my original doctor wouldn't do it at all.

I made my doctor show me while she did it. She left them in place, but showed me the cut, tie, & cauterize during the surgery. (I was already flayed open for a c-section)

• Wow
Reactions: seebell and Toddrn

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
FWIW - many doctors still make the husband sign for the procedure as well. It is not required, but strongly recommended that they do, so as to prevent any legal issues down the road. While I understand the why - I was still resentful about it - but mine happily signed the papers - since otherwise I'd have insisted he get snipped. I switched doctors at 5 months since my original doctor wouldn't do it at all.

I made my doctor show me while she did it. She left them in place, but showed me the cut, tie, & cauterize during the surgery. (I was already flayed open for a c-section)
My wife's doctor's never even mentioned it to me when my wife had this done (also during a C). It was her choice alone. They asked me to help them convince her to get it done, but I was not given any input into the decision itself. That was hers to make alone.

Women are treated differently in the northeast, as are children. My wife has said many times to me that she will never move to a red state again because of their treatment of women.

Reactions: MobtownK

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My wife's doctor's never even mentioned it to me when my wife had this done (also during a C). It was her choice alone. They asked me to help them convince her to get it done, but I was not given any input into the decision itself. That was hers to make alone.

Women are treated differently in the northeast, as are children. My wife has said many times to me that she will never move to a red state again because of their treatment of women.
Note the Alabama case in a different thread where a husband is being charged with manslaughter for "allowing" his drunk wife to leave a bar and walk home, whereupon she got her drunk ass run over. Think about the attitude underlying that word "allowing"...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.