worst nfl management

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I did a quick Google search and it only focused on wins and losses which may be on the coach, not the management. So in you oppion, what is the worst NFL management for a team and why?

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Well, I’m a Titans fan and I’ve seen them screw the pooch on a lot of decisions over the recent years. But I don’t think they’re the worst as we made the playoffs and won a playoff game. I suppose it would have to go to the Browns. There never seems to be any hope for that franchise. They mismanage free agency and draft horribly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
really tough to say one team. i'm going with current management. you have a few who cant seem to make good moves right now. i think the Browns made some great moves this offseason. The Raiders have made some awful moves as of late. The Bills have made some awful moves. I'd also put the Lions in there.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Consistently worst (i.e. since 1990) my vote goes to the Cleveland Browns. Since 1990 what is it like, 3 winning seasons? Since 1998 its like ~28 starting QB's... While the Browns have improved their draft in recent years, there is still much much work from top level down to coaching with that organization. The Detroit Lions would be another team as well as the Raiders of recent memory that have underachieved and/or yielded coaching challenges.... RTR

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Now that I'm living in the area, I'm watching more of the Browns than I ever have before. Gotta say, they look vastly improved this year. They probably should've beaten the Steelers in week 1, and they definitely should've beaten the Saints on Sunday. The best thing they've done lately is bring in Dorsey as GM, which has been paying dividends on the roster and last year's draft. They still have something like $100 million in cap space to play with.

That said, Hue Jackson is a bad HC and will need to be replaced at some point. I expect them to win some games this year, and I hope that doesn't provide cover for Hue to keep his job. We'll see.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I still say the Browns are the worst managed team in the NFL. They somehow always find ways to be losers. Week 1 they actually found a way to snap a losing streak by not winning. Who else but the Browns can manage that?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I still say the Browns are the worst managed team in the NFL. They somehow always find ways to be losers. Week 1 they actually found a way to snap a losing streak by not winning. Who else but the Browns can manage that?
Oh, I'm not disputing that at all. The Browns fans have some interesting theories about their recent woes. My favorite is the "we sucked intentionally to improve our draft prospects" long-game, which may have actually been the case. But while their roster has improved, I still see terrible gameday coaching. Hue has fired almost 20 assistants in his three years as HC. At some point, you've gotta recognize that the assistants aren't the problem. His time will come.

If they break the winless streak against the Jets tonight, though, the city will probably erupt like the Cavs just won the title all over again. A decade of catharsis will be released. No couch will survive.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Oh, I'm not disputing that at all. The Browns fans have some interesting theories about their recent woes. My favorite is the "we sucked intentionally to improve our draft prospects" long-game, which may have actually been the case. But while their roster has improved, I still see terrible gameday coaching. Hue has fired almost 20 assistants in his three years as HC. At some point, you've gotta recognize that the assistants aren't the problem. His time will come.

If they break the winless streak against the Jets tonight, though, the city will probably erupt like the Cavs just won the title all over again. A decade of catharsis will be released. No couch will survive.
I have started feeling sorry for the Browns. I was actually pulling for them to win (mainly because they were playing the aints.) I would like to see them win tonight, and I will be watching some of it.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Looks like they will win tonight. All they needed was to put their second string QB (Baker Mayfield) in.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Why wasn’t Baker starting from week 1? HUGE difference when he came into the game. There is potential there for Cleveland to have a solid season.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Looks like they will win tonight. All they needed was to put their second string QB (Baker Mayfield) in.
Why wasn’t Baker starting from week 1? HUGE difference when he came into the game. There is potential there for Cleveland to have a solid season.
Yeah, Hue still needs to be fired. Without Tyrod getting hurt, I honestly don't think he plays Mayfield. My biggest concern is that good QB play will cover Hue's deficiencies and we'll be stuck with him. But screw it, Browns pulled their first win in 635 days and we all got free beer. Save the worry for another day.

I knew Baker would be an upgrade, but holy hell. I had no idea. He'd never even practiced with the 1's -- Huebatross gave all the reps to Tyrod, so he'd never officially even thrown to the guys on the field last night. Yet the offense didn't just look competent, it was potent. And the defense is good enough to keep us in most games. Browns might've just dug themselves out of laughingstock status.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Case in point: after the game, Hue said he wasn't sure who would start at QB next week, and that'd he'd have to "watch the tape" before deciding. :rolleyes: I understand coachspeak, but dude.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Case in point: after the game, Hue said he wasn't sure who would start at QB next week, and that'd he'd have to "watch the tape" before deciding. :rolleyes: I understand coachspeak, but dude.
Awful coach but i think thats ok to say especially considering taylor was concussed. Just like with tua and jalen, everyone knows how its gonna turn out. The Browns basically have a new team this season. Finally moving away from Gordon was another great move. No use firing him now unless you have your guy available.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Awful coach but i think thats ok to say especially considering taylor was concussed. Just like with tua and jalen, everyone knows how its gonna turn out. The Browns basically have a new team this season. Finally moving away from Gordon was another great move. No use firing him now unless you have your guy available.
Yeah, you're right. I'd just like to see Hue and our ST coach gone; bad coaches can be salvaged by good players, but it's not usually a winning strategy in the long-run. A lot of fans are salty over Gordon, but I think parting ways was absolutely the right move.

Their next few games are very winnable, so it'll be fun to see if they can build on this performance. Ha, can't remember the last time I was excited to watch the Browns play.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Case in point: after the game, Hue said he wasn't sure who would start at QB next week, and that'd he'd have to "watch the tape" before deciding. [emoji57] I understand coachspeak, but dude.
I saw that and retweeted with a comment- “That’s how he went 0-16.”

With Mayfield I can see them going say 7–8-1 which would be a big improvement.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
The NFL is the worst at everything they do , well except for making millionaires of fools that deserve to be be flipping burgers instead of in front of a camera and flipping their bovine tongues.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.