AL Gubernatorial Race

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm a lifelong Republican, and have voted for a democrat only a few times -- all of them being what I saw as the lesser of evils.

Voted for Doug Jones. I just don't see how anybody can justify a vote for Roy Moore.

Will vote for Walt Maddox. He has done a fabulous job in Tuscaloosa. Hate that he might leave town, but it would be for the best. Even if he loses to Ivey, I don't think we've seen the last. My guess is that his real aim is for Shelby's senate seat when he finally gives it up.
I'm center right, but there is no way in hell I'd ever vote for Donald Trump or Roy Moore.

I actually did state an advocacy for Jones on Twitter.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I'm a lifelong conservative, and in CA and AL elections, I've voted mostly for Republicans. I simply didn't vote in the special election between Moore and Jones. I didn't vote for Moore simply because of all of the reasons that have been stated, plus his views on the Constitution and its application really bothered me. I didn't vote for Jones because I didn't like his connections to Pelosi. In the end, I think Jones will be fine representing Alabama during this term, and it'll be interesting to see who he goes against in the general election.

I'll be voting for Maddox for governor. I was a student at Alabama during his time as mayor, and overall, I've been impressed with his work in Tuscaloosa. I have no idea how that will correlate with running an entire state, but I'm hopeful. Ivey lost me with her comments on the Moore allegations, and she should debate Maddox to show what she's made of. Sadly, I'm afraid a lot of voters in Alabama will simply not care enough to want to see a debate, and it wouldn't surprise me if Ivey won. I've seen the worst of liberal politics in California, and I'm seeing the worst of conservative politics in Alabama; both extremes hurt the people the governments are supposed to be working for. While Walt Maddox is a Democrat, I can see him working with the Republican legislature better than if the situation was reversed and Ivey won the governor's race.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Ivey’s Chief of Staff hid hospitalization after stroke-like symptoms

Nearly half a dozen individuals in Ivey’s Capital orbit expressed concern over Ivey’s health. They also believe the Governor is being “managed” by Pelham and legal counsel, Bryan Taylor.

“So tight is Pelham’s rein on the Governor that he’s moved his office right next to hers,” said a staffer. Traditionally the Governor’s Chief of Staff works in a separate office in the North Wing down the hall form the Governor.

These individuals who asked not to be named for fear of reprisal told APR that Pelham and Taylor are making the calls and Ivey is only marginally in the loop. “Pelham acts as if he’s the Governor with his nose constantly in the air,” said a well-placed person inside the administration. “If you want an answer, you go Pelham or Taylor,” said another.

Those with knowledge of Ivey’s recent appearance at the Republican Senate Caucus meeting this week say Ivey gave a short meandering presentation concerning legislation she is supporting. Caucus members would not confirm to APR what was said in the meeting, but her behavior was described as “shaky and rambling.”

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
It’s Alabama - color me not surprised. I’d bet money she couldn’t pass a driving test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
She got into politics supporting a woman who became governor not on her own merits and who’s poor health was hidden from the public by the power behind the throne.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Politics aside, if she truly had a stroke, or has been having mini-strokes, she may be in no condition to resist manipulation, and not understand completely what is happening. The mini-strokes alone can cause dementia to some degree, as can a stroke.
In her case, with no kids to look out for her best interests medically, none of us may ever know, or it would take a major leak.

I don't know if she has or hasn't, but of she has, she needs to be taken care of, not be a puppet of someone who wants power.

It's just sad. And if that's true, they ought to be criminally prosecuted.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
I haven't voted for a Democrat since I voted for Bill Clinton in my elementary school presidential election in 1992.....but, I'll be voting for Maddox. I think Gov. Ivey is a great person so has helped get rid of the Bentley stink, but I think she is just more of the past. Honestly, I can't really find anything about her plans for Alabama. All she ever says is "The people know my record and we're putting Alabama back to work." Her website only has generic position statements and no specific plans. I don't think she actually has any.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I started to post this in the barn megathread, but didn’t want to cross the “no politics” line.

Ivey has a new commercial with her dog as a co-star. While she is a graduate of API and attended during Bryant’s heyday, she named her dog “Bear”.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
So that’s a reason to vote for Old Mother Hubbard?????

No. I was just saying that he isn’t going to push through a Nancy Pelosi endorsed platform if he is elected.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
No. I was just saying that he isn’t going to push through a Nancy Pelosi endorsed platform if he is elected.

He wouldn’t push a Pelosi agenda through anyway, even if the legislature was controlled by the Dems.
She is not liked by Dems down here. I don’t think any Dems in the state want anything to do with her; Jones only does because he has to - for now.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He wouldn’t push a Pelosi agenda through anyway, even if the legislature was controlled by the Dems.
She is not liked by Dems down here. I don’t think any Dems in the state want anything to do with her; Jones only does because he has to - for now.

Sorry, I wasn’t too clear in my comment. I don’t think he has some super liberal agenda he wants to shove down our throats. But even if he did, the legislature wouldn’t pass it.

I really haven’t followed the race that closely. But I am voting for Maddox because he isn’t Kay Ivey.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.