Week 3 Schadenfreude (reveling in other teams' woes).

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Same reason Florida's ship was sinking under Meyer.
Did they stop recruiting? I really don't know the answer. My recollection was the brutal pressure of the SEC was getting to Meyer. Certainly Jimbo wasn't in the same sized pressure cooker, and then to step away from that and into the same conference as Saban? Obviously, there is something I'm not aware of.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Did they stop recruiting? I really don't know the answer. My recollection was the brutal pressure of the SEC was getting to Meyer. Certainly Jimbo wasn't in the same sized pressure cooker, and then to step away from that and into the same conference as Saban? Obviously, there is something I'm not aware of.
Florida State isn't that great of a program. They are smack in the middle of the best recruiting territory in the country, and Bobby Bowden exploited that to its fullest, to be sure. But the University as a whole is sort of mediocre, IMO. I'm sure he's got a much better set up at A&M from a facilities standpoint. The pay is what it is, but he's at a school now that will give him whatever he asks for if he wins 10 games a year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.