Jacob's Funniest Unsportsmanlike Penalty Ever

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
I know. I know. It wasn't the thing to do. But I think the only Alabama fan not smiling or laughing about Jacob's land shark mocking of Ole Miss was Coach Saban. To me it was the funniest taunts I've ever seen. The cherry on top was the bearded Ole Miss fan in the stands they panned to going ballistic about how it should be a penalty. Does anyone have a screen shot of that guy? Yeah, I still smile thinking about it. ROLL TIDE!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I know. I know. It wasn't the thing to do. But I think the only Alabama fan not smiling or laughing about Jacob's land shark mocking of Ole Miss was Coach Saban. To me it was the funniest taunts I've ever seen. The cherry on top was the bearded Ole Miss fan in the stands they panned to going ballistic about how it should be a penalty. Yeah, I still smile thinking it. ROLL TIDE!

I'd have been upset had the OM player not been such a jerk after the TD. I actually did LOL

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I thought it was funny too, and I think he only did it because the guy wouldn't let go of his ankle. He's six yards deep in the end zone and the guy wouldn't let go. Probably trying to twist his ankle or something. So Landshark this buddy!

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I’m not sure if it was Coach saying it, or who it was, but after the penalty you could hear some heavy duty cussing over him doing it from the sideline audio.

On one hand, it was a dumb thing to do, but on the other it was one of the funniest things ever considering how porous their defense is the first year of the inception of the landshark mascot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Not sure if you guys were listening, but coach Saban was very clearly speaking in the background about the penalty. I'd post what he said here but I'm pretty sure I'd get banned permanently for language

Last edited:

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Not unsportsmanlike if ole miss does it but is if someone else does? Hmmm...
On that topic I thought that it was a cheap foul to penalize the LSU player who did the Cam Superman pose along the LSU sideline. Officials have a lot more serious work to do than that type of flag throwing!

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Not sure if you guys were listening, but coach Saban was very clearly speaking in the background about the penalty. I'd post what he said here but I'm pretty sure I'd get banned permanently for language
Yep, it was definitely Coach Saban too. He let it rip they may need a delay on the sound. It was funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
so true. Jacob did deserve the penalty by rule, but why isn't it taunting when Ole Miss does it? It's done in the same spirit, so it should be.

If they make a tackle “which obviously will never happen”, and then do it to the RBs face. They would get penalized too. It wasnt as much what he did but how he did it directly in the face of the ole sissy player.

If he runs off the field with the fin he doesn’t get penalized.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
I was completely fine with it and laughed, and those fans they panned too were ridiculously dressed. I would have flagged them for unsportsmanlike assault on the eyes.

Now, in a tight game, I'd have been PO'ed about it...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If they make a tackle “which obviously will never happen”, and then do it to the RBs face. They would get penalized too. It wasnt as much what he did but how he did it directly in the face of the ole sissy player.

If he runs off the field with the fin he doesn’t get penalized.
Agreed. An Alabama player on defense did exactly this in the first half and did not draw a flag.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.