Taco Bell employee fired after refusing order because customer was speaking English

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This is hilarious.....cat fight!

I love it when the dude in back starts saying "Uno, Dos, Tres...."

“I simply wanted a quesadilla and that’s not hard to understand in Spanish, because I think it’s a Spanish word,” said Montgomery.
Regardless of the question of language or attitude.....why not just hold up your finger to indicate quantity and say "Taco" or "Burrito"....or Quesadilla" - or just go somewhere else?

STORY

It’s a problem (?) in Miami/Dade. I’ve trained people from there in Pensacola and I asked them why are you living way up here. They told me if you don not speak Spanish you cannot get a job and it’s really affected Black Americans living in the area. I still believe we should have adopted the English language as the National language years ago.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
It appeared that the employee understood most if not all of what the customer was saying. I wonder if anything of significance took place before the recording was started. The customer says this was racist.

What justice is she looking for?
In addition to that, Montgomery told NBC6 that the chain offered her a $100 gift card in response to the incident.

“A gift card is not gonna just solve the problem, it’s not gonna give me justice,” she said. “Don’t try to like sweep it under the rug.”
I understand the frustration and have been there myself but I never felt like an injustice was in play. I just figured it's a private business and they can choose how they want to operate; even if they lose customers.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
It appeared that the employee understood most if not all of what the customer was saying. I wonder if anything of significance took place before the recording was started. The customer says this was racist.

What justice is she looking for?

I understand the frustration and have been there myself but I never felt like an injustice was in play. I just figured it's a private business and they can choose how they want to operate; even if they lose customers.
No kidding. It's bad service, at a Taco Bell drive-through. You were expecting maitre'd to fall all over himself apologizing?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I hope everyone who defended the baker who wouldn’t make a gay wedding cake are in support of the Spanish only Taco Bell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I hope everyone who defended the baker who wouldn’t make a gay wedding cake are in support of the Spanish only Taco Bell.
If that's what the owner wants, why would anyone have a problem with it?

However, since the employee was fired I suspect you're grasping at straws trying to make the comparison here.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Your challenge is accepted. I think the woman who made the video is absolute garbage, and the world would be a better place if she wasn't on it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.