Not hearing much about Georgia in the Media

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Just say 2nd and 26 and walk away. Seems like it would be great to be an Alabama fan in GA right now.
i don't find folks interested in talking much about football. it's been that way for a few years for the most part.

the couple of times uga fans have complained to me about the game i just told them that a group of 6-7 mostly 2 string true freshmen came in cold off the bench and beat the living crap out of their sec championship team. the topic usually switches to the weather.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
What part of GA do you live in? We live in Cobb County. I know what you mean. I do have some close friends who are UGA fans, and they are fine, but I know some that are getting to be a bit bold.
Yeah, but to be fair, they're bold if they're 7-5.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
What part of GA do you live in? We live in Cobb County. I know what you mean. I do have some close friends who are UGA fans, and they are fine, but I know some that are getting to be a bit bold.

I live in the woods in Carroll county, about 15 mins from Carrollton and 20 minutes from Newnan near Banning Mills . I work out of Marietta. Most Georgia fans think we were lucky to win the NCG, and it’s only a matter of time before young Kirby catches and passes old Nick. To wit, from them, Bama no longer cherry picks Georgia talent, and the dawgs will have superior talent in a few years.
Ever listen to Finebaum?, I Do not as a matter of habit, but have caught parts of the show while checking out the SEC network. there are quite a few Darriels around . Sure , there are a lot of rational dawg fans, but the lunatic fringe is large and loud since Kirby’s arrival.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The Georgia local media must be pretty insufferable when any team in the state is having success.

I remember in the late 90's when a good friend of mine graduated from UA his 1st job was in Atlanta....

After just a few months he HATED the Braves, Falcons, Hawks, Bulldogs, Yellow Jackets......HATED... ALL OF THEM....but especially the Braves. He said you couldn't escape hearing about them.

I'm a Braves fan so it caused a little friction between us...lol

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I live in the woods in Carroll county, about 15 mins from Carrollton and 20 minutes from Newnan near Banning Mills . I work out of Marietta. Most Georgia fans think we were lucky to win the NCG, and it’s only a matter of time before young Kirby catches and passes old Nick. To wit, from them, Bama no longer cherry picks Georgia talent, and the dawgs will have superior talent in a few years.
Ever listen to Finebaum?, I Do not as a matter of habit, but have caught parts of the show while checking out the SEC network. there are quite a few Darriels around . Sure , there are a lot of rational dawg fans, but the lunatic fringe is large and loud since Kirby’s arrival.
The irony is that Bama has rarely recruited the state of Georgia very well except for a couple of Saban's early years. Since 2012 the only starter that Bama has recruited is Xavier McKinney in 2017 who is starting for the first time this year. Even this year 2019, on paper Bama's best year in Georgia in years, likely most of the players Bama has committed were not recruited that hard by UGA. I.e., Alabama has rarely "cherry picked" the state of Georgia - they have gotten some good players from time to time. Even then it was usually players that UGA did not recruit that hard.

Bama has gotten much more out of Louisiana (8 starters), Florida (6), Texas (6) and the DMV (4) area than Georgia (1) since 2012. There are also more contributors in the pipeline from those areas vs Georgia. Even has had 2 starters from New Jersey and 2 from California vs the Georgia 1.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
The irony is that Bama has rarely recruited the state of Georgia very well except for a couple of Saban's early years. Since 2012 the only starter that Bama has recruited is Xavier McKinney in 2017 who is starting for the first time this year. Even this year 2019, on paper Bama's best year in Georgia in years, likely most of the players Bama has committed were not recruited that hard by UGA. I.e., Alabama has rarely "cherry picked" the state of Georgia - they have gotten some good players from time to time. Even then it was usually players that UGA did not recruit that hard.

Bama has gotten much more out of Louisiana (8 starters), Florida (6), Texas (6) and the DMV (4) area than Georgia (1) since 2012. There are also more contributors in the pipeline from those areas vs Georgia. Even has had 2 starters from New Jersey and 2 from California vs the Georgia 1.
This................and UGA fans forget that teams like Clemson, Florida and others are also recruiting Georgia players. Georgia gets their share, but cant get them all

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
that's a beautiful area of the state. our last two dog rescues came from a lady we know in whitesburg

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Maybe we're listening to different media but I hear about Georgia all the time. After us they're easily viewed as the consensus #2 in the country and most people seem to think the loser of the SEC Title game is a shoo-in for the playoff anyway.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
I bought a National Championship hat (which I never do). I wear it all the time. Drives all these nutbags crazy.

I've got this shirt (though a slightly darker grey). I don't often have opportunity/need to get to UGA, but I'm out and about enough to cause a ruckus with it all over town (downtown, church, the east side where I live, grocery stores, liquor stores, local coffee shops & restaurants, etc.). I'm working a downtown parking lot for the AU @ UGA game this year, and I'm awfully tempted to wear it then.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've got this shirt (though a slightly darker grey). I don't often have opportunity/need to get to UGA, but I'm out and about enough to cause a ruckus with it all over town (downtown, church, the east side where I live, grocery stores, liquor stores, local coffee shops & restaurants, etc.). I'm working a downtown parking lot for the AU @ UGA game this year, and I'm awfully tempted to wear it then.

Either that or make one that reads "The Iron Bowl Didn't Matter."

Tide99

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2017
If Hell is metaphorical, you spend eternity listening to Beth Mowns describing paint drying over a soundtrack of Kenny G.
You have done what no fire and brimstone preacher has ever been able to accomplish and scared me straight. Time to get right with the Lord!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.