Will Alabama beat Alabama?

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL
Agree about the injuries, but you can't control that beyond what is already being done so why worry about It? As for complacency, it seems like Saban has figured that one out. I have not seen a sign of complacency from an Alabama team since 2010.
Iron Bowl 2013, Iron Bowl 2017, Sugar Bowl 2013 (1-1-14)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I am concerned some about this weekend, but since it's a home game I think BAMA will be fine. I am more concerned about LSU since it's an away game and don't know what injuries the team will have by then, if any. I am going to try to not worry about injuries since nobody can control that.

I guess I keep thinking this offense is going to have issues if Tua gets injured and can't play. I know I have no control over injuries.. I just want Tua to be healthy for the months of November/Dec/Jan. I want him to be healthy all season of course, but I am not so sure Bama can win those November games without Tua. Jalen and Mac should be able to get lots of reps after this weekend so that will help the QB situation if something does happen.

Saban will deal with the "rat poison"/complacency if it pops up... I don't think Bama will lose unless it is from injuries at key positions, or bad luck.
I'm more than a 'Little Concerned' about every game. I want to see us dominate every team we play. Lofty goal.
I want us to play up to Coach Saban's expectations.
(Has any team ever played up to Coach's expectations?)

I think this team has a chance to be great.
BUT...
Our guys are gonna have to work their tails off meet Coach Saban's expectations.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
To answer the OP, I think there are only two things that could derail this year: Alabama beating itself (complacency manifested by lack of mental preparation, lack of focus — mental errors, blown coverages, unforced turnovers, etc.) and injuries.

If we don’t eat the rat poison, and the injury bug doesn’t bite the wrong position, we have the potential to be the best Alabama team ever. And that’s saying something.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think complacency and injuries are a big concern, but I think Saban will deal with complacency....... I can say that many LSU and Miss State fans I have encountered already think they have the Bama game in the bag...... so, overconfidence may kill a few of
them before it’s all said and done

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
;)
Its funny, with Tua I'm not really scared of any game, instead I'm even more excited. This weekend will be a test too but that LSU D @LSU is going to be a huge challenge and really tell us exactly what level of QB Tua is/can be.
Agree that LSU @ LSU is always a test for any QB, but after the NCG, especially 2nd and 26, I think we know exactly what kind of QB Tua is when it is all on the line. Clue: it begins with a "c" and ends in "lutch.";) Only way we lose to the Bengal kitties is if Tua is hurt and several other bad things happen.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
;)

Agree that LSU @ LSU is always a test for any QB, but after the NCG, especially 2nd and 26, I think we know exactly what kind of QB Tua is when it is all on the line. Clue: it begins with a "c" and ends in "lutch.";) Only way we lose to the Bengal kitties is if Tua is hurt and several other bad things happen.
I don't think we will lose to LSU or even be all that close in reality (though the score may make it look closer). But Tua hasn't faced a secondary with the talent LSU has and he definitely hasn't faced that kind of secondary on the road in death valley. It will likely be his biggest test of the year maybe even including playoffs.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I don't think we will lose to LSU or even be all that close in reality (though the score may make it look closer). But Tua hasn't faced a secondary with the talent LSU has and he definitely hasn't faced that kind of secondary on the road in death valley. It will likely be his biggest test of the year maybe even including playoffs.
While it wasn’t Death Valley, UGA had a pretty good secondary last year....... Tua just found their soft spot and punched them

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think Alabama cruises to an undefeated season. I don't think anyone comes within 14 points of us.

This team is what you get when you take a "Nick Saban Alabama Team" and add a "Heisman Trophy Caliber QB."

Outside of UGA and MAYBE peak Ohio State or Clemson I don't know who even has a shot.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Umm, UGA in last year's NC game? They were the 8th ranked passing D in the country last year - after playing OU and facing TUA. By way of comparison, LSU is currently ranked 68th in the country.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I mean he did go 54-58 in bowl prep against the first team defense last year. Location aside, I would say he's gone against a similar secondary.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I mean he did go 54-58 in bowl prep against the first team defense last year. Location aside, I would say he's gone against a similar secondary.
That's a fair point. But I think the difference is that LSU will have time to prepare and game plan specifically for Tua.

Umm, UGA in last year's NC game? They were the 8th ranked passing D in the country last year - after playing OU and facing TUA. By way of comparison, LSU is currently ranked 68th in the country.
I'm not sure Georgia had anyone like Greedy Williams and again see above. It's different when people are preparing for you.

Also, not saying Tua hasn't been tested at all. Or even doubting how good he is. I just can't wait to see him play a strong defense this year especially on the road because I think he'll thrive.

I just think the LSU game might be his biggest test. I admittedly don't know as much about LSUs secondary outside of Williams this year so I could be off on how good they are.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That's a fair point. But I think the difference is that LSU will have time to prepare and game plan specifically for Tua.

I'm not sure Georgia had anyone like Greedy Williams and again see above. It's different when people are preparing for you.

Also, not saying Tua hasn't been tested at all. Or even doubting how good he is. I just can't wait to see him play a strong defense this year especially on the road because I think he'll thrive.

I just think the LSU game might be his biggest test. I admittedly don't know as much about LSUs secondary outside of Williams this year so I could be off on how good they are.
I agree LSU will be a big test and probably the best overall defense to stop the Alabama offense.

And while LSU will have two weeks to prepare for him, the first team defense went against him pretty much all year (whether on scout or 1-on-1s).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.