The lamentations of our enemies

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Re: The lamentation of our enemies

The truth is we live in every reasonably top programs head. My brother lives in Ohio and he gets the bucknuts talking about how we cheat and that Bama is a diploma mill with no real academics. They clearly need to look in the mirror. Think about it, Texas, A&M, Georgia, ND, Penn State, LSU, Florida, 10RC and UGA, ETC all want to be Bama.

It is also true that if Bama keeps winning championships, that it will ultimately hurt college football. Fans of other schools will lose interest if they are only playing for 2nd place. These are incredible times in college football and we have done what was thought to be impossible in this era of restricted scholarships, and restricted practice time, and NCAA rules designed to prevent us from loading up on players. for better or worse, as long as there is one Saban and he is at Bama, it won't end anytime soon.
We joke about the Ncaa but if Bama wins more championships, say a three peat or another 5 out of 9 run, they will put restrictions in place even Coach Saban can't overcome.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA

We joke about the Ncaa but if Bama wins more championships, say a three peat or another 5 out of 9 run, they will put restrictions in place even Coach Saban can't overcome.
I was listening to ESPNU on XM yesterday and was startled at the fact that they fully admitted that the rest of the Power 5 Conference will do whatever they have to do to keep two SEC teams out of the playoffs. College football changes the rules on a regular basis to hurt the SEC (Bama) and that will never stop as long as we keep winning.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Reminder of my sigfile: Oderint dum metuant = Let them hate, so long as they fear.

RTR
Caligula much? Lol

I just love the peasants in a state of depression. But LSU fans are starting to get real cocky and bad when they haven’t even faced the bulk of their schedule before Bama.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I was listening to ESPNU on XM yesterday and was startled at the fact that they fully admitted that the rest of the Power 5 Conference will do whatever they have to do to keep two SEC teams out of the playoffs. College football changes the rules on a regular basis to hurt the SEC (Bama) and that will never stop as long as we keep winning.
Unless this was someone in a position of power within the playoff committee structure, it means no more than the opinion of anyone posting on this board.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Caligula much? Lol

I just love the peasants in a state of depression. But LSU fans are starting to get real cocky and bad when they haven’t even faced the bulk of their schedule before Bama.
I love that 7su fans are getting cocky after beating auburn. They did last year and then lost to Troy, so they just might want to take a step back.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Joe Burrows is a below 50% passer and they just don't have the RBs that we're used to them having. D is always solid...I'll lay whatever the line is going to be right now...RTR!!!
I love that 7su fans are getting cocky after beating auburn. They did last year and then lost to Troy, so they just might want to take a step back.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Joe Burrows is a below 50% passer and they just don't have the RBs that we're used to them having. D is always solid...I'll lay whatever the line is going to be right now...RTR!!!
Just saw a stat that he is 6 of 13 on passes behind the line of scrimmage....thats not great.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Pretty sure that they lost to Troy before they beat Auburn last year. They were pretty solid after that game with narrow losses to Alabama and Notre Dame but wins in all of their other games.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Accius' "Atreus". Haven't studied Caligula much.
Actually i think Caligula said “ Let them hate ME so they will fear ME” Eerily similar quotes, but Many believe he was quoting Accius but putting the emphasis on Me (Caligula).

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Pretty sure that they lost to Troy before they beat Auburn last year. They were pretty solid after that game with narrow losses to Alabama and Notre Dame but wins in all of their other games.
Oops. You are correct. They lost to Troy 2 games before beating auburn. My memory is not selma's so I just forgot. 7su fans still need to take a step back before thinking they are a great team. auburn may end up being a 4-8 team.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Oops. You are correct. They lost to Troy 2 games before beating auburn. My memory is not selma's so I just forgot. 7su fans still need to take a step back before thinking they are a great team. auburn may end up being a 4-8 team.
The barn-LSU game was two mediocre teams so evenly matched they made each other look better than they really are. Both wind up about 6-6.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

The barn-LSU game was two mediocre teams so evenly matched they made each other look better than they really are. Both wind up about 6-6.
from the bits of the game i watched, it was definitely in two mules and a turnip territory

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

Don't worry, none of our memories are like Selma's. Nothing to be too hard on yourself for.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.