Rank the 5 toughest regular season games

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
After watching them all play and providing we stay healthy, I honestly do not see a "tough" game on our schedule.
Granted, the opposition will improve over the first 3 games, but at the level this team is playing the starters may not play in all 4 quarters in any game except LSU - and then only because the game is in Red Stick.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
1. MSU
2. TAMU
3. Auburn
4. LSU - This feels like a normal LSU team but with a slightly better QB and a worse RB. I just don't see them moving the ball much on us. It may end up being a low scoring game but I would be shocked if it ever feels like LSU has a real chance of winning in the 2nd half
5. The Citadel

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
1. LSU - only because it's there, they seem to be better this year as of today, and they always play us tough
2. Auburn - We will see which direction they go after last week's loss, but assuming they rebound, then this is a tough game but we get them at home
3. MSU - A tough game no doubt, but I don't see how they can keep up with us
4. A&M - Maybe I should be more concerned with this game, but I think what they did with Clemson was a little bit of smoke and mirrors
5. Mizzou - They seem like an Ole Miss clone

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Honestly, outside of the obvious SEC Title game matchup with UGA, I don't think of there's a single challenging game we'll face all year.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Honestly, outside of the obvious SEC Title game matchup with UGA, I don't think of there's a single challenging game we'll face all year.
I've heard people say the same thing about us and other teams in the past, but there always seems to be one or two games where the offense just doesn't seem to click and a few bad breaks happen. I hope we win every game by at least four touchdowns, but I doubt very seriously that it will happen. I hope it doesn't come down to a field goal if we do get a few challenges during the year. I would like to be able to say that if a team stayed within three touchdowns of us that it was the best game any team gave us all year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I've heard people say the same thing about us and other teams in the past, but there always seems to be one or two games where the offense just doesn't seem to click and a few bad breaks happen. I hope we win every game by at least four touchdowns, but I doubt very seriously that it will happen. I hope it doesn't come down to a field goal if we do get a few challenges during the year. I would like to be able to say that if a team stayed within three touchdowns of us that it was the best game any team gave us all year.
EVERY great QB has bad games EVERY season. It will happen. That is why you have to be great in all phases of the game. When that happens, your defense will carry you where other teams might fall flat.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
1. @LSU
2. Auburn
3. Miss. St.
4. A&M
5. Missouri

Before the season I would have said Auburn will be the toughest regular season game, but now LSU is looking really good. Miss. St. looks good. A&M played a great game against Clemson and nearly came away with a win.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
EVERY great QB has bad games EVERY season. It will happen. That is why you have to be great in all phases of the game. When that happens, your defense will carry you where other teams might fall flat.
Just depends on what a 'bad game' is for Tua. Right now he's playing so well he could miss half his passes and Bama would still be torching teams.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
This season?

1. Miss State, because it is right after number 2
2. LSU This is always a rough game
3. Auburn BECAUSE IT IS THEM
4 aTm Because they are next
5. Mizzou Air attack is potent.
And Mizzou is the Homecoming game. Players will need to be extra focused on the Mizzou offense with Drew Lock. Not sure how their defense is but I imagine we will get a good look when Mizzou plays UGA soon. I think Mizzou is middle of the pack on D.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.