SEC Releases 2019 Schedules

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I'm glad you posted this. I was trying to figure out how myself :)

So we play South Carolina at their place for the first time since they beat us there. That game will be fun.

Looks like the most difficult will be at Texas AM, at Miss State, at Auburn (depending on who their QB's are since Fitzgerald and Stidham will be gone).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Those 2 open dates mean a longer college football season. I like. :biggrin2:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Someone had better notify the SEC Office and let them know they screwed up our schedule; we have bye weeks before what is likely our two most difficult games.

That can't be right.

:biggrin2:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had more mixed feelings on a schedule.

On the one hand, I still hate playing Duke. When you combine them with Southern Miss, New Mexico State, and Western Carolina, you get the most uninspiring non-conference schedule we’ve had since the Shula days.

I’ll also probably be in the minority, but I’m very neutral on having two bye weeks next year. I get that it was mandatory. However, it seems like it could disrupt the our rhythm having an extra week off; especially the first being so early in the year. Granted, with the bum injury luck we’ve had the past couple of years, having an extra week to heal could become a god-send.

On the other hand, I do love the away game slate. Going to both South Carolina and Texas A&M should be fun. I’ve never been to an away game, but hitting up one of those stadiums would be pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had more mixed feelings on a schedule.

On the one hand, I still hate playing Duke. When you combine them with Southern Miss, New Mexico State, and Western Carolina, you get the most uninspiring non-conference schedule we’ve had since the Shula days.

I’ll also probably be in the minority, but I’m very neutral on having two bye weeks next year. I get that it was mandatory. However, it seems like it could disrupt the our rhythm having an extra week off; especially the first being so early in the year. Granted, with the bum injury luck we’ve had the past couple of years, having an extra week to heal could become a god-send.

On he other hand, I love the away game slate. Going to both South Carolina and Texas A&M should be fun. I’ve never been to an away game, so hitting up one of those stadiums would be pretty sweet.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I love the 2 bye weeks. But the non-conference schedule is woefully underwhelming, and I'm not one that usually complains about the schedules. I don't think this was on purpose either. That Duke game is the Chik-fil-A kickoff game, which means that was the best opponent the parties involved could come up with. In other words, teams like Clemson, FSU, Virginia Tech, or others from around the country were either uninterested in playing us or didn't have availability. It is what it is.

No disrespect intended to Duke either, as they're a solid program these days under Cutcliffe. It's just... Duke doesn't even have the same ring to it as Louisville does. And there isn't the novelty of playing in Wallace Wade Stadium this time either.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I love the 2 bye weeks. But the non-conference schedule is woefully underwhelming, and I'm not one that usually complains about the schedules. I don't think this was on purpose either. That Duke game is the Chik-fil-A kickoff game, which means that was the best opponent the parties involved could come up with. In other words, teams like Clemson, FSU, Virginia Tech, or others from around the country were either uninterested in playing us or didn't have availability. It is what it is.

No disrespect intended to Duke either, as they're a solid program these days under Cutcliffe. It's just... Duke doesn't even have the same ring to it as Louisville does. And there isn't the novelty of playing in Wallace Wade Stadium this time either.
Exactly. Same with the CWKG. Louisville was the best they could get. Even the fans have put away their "We want Bama" signs.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I know it won’t happen, but I still say the auburn game should be moved to October. It’s a perennial trap and spoiler game at the end of the year for us that mainly benefits them.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Very underwhelming. Ho Hum, I guess I've become spoiled for that big name opening game to kick things off for the season. At least something like Georgia or Florida to spice things up would have been nice. At least I think we have a big shot at another NC with that schedule.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
I'm glad you posted this. I was trying to figure out how myself :)

So we play South Carolina at their place for the first time since they beat us there. That game will be fun.

Looks like the most difficult will be at Texas AM, at Miss State, at Auburn (depending on who their QB's are since Fitzgerald and Stidham will be gone).
I live in Sumter, SC and Columbia is right down the road. I’m looking forward to going to the game

Roll Tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.