A&M injuries

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Apparently A&Ms starting center (McCoy) is questionable after getting his leg rolled on in the 4th quarter of their last game. That evening (after the game) the backup center (McCollum) was arrested for reckless driving and attempting to evade an officer.

I mean, Jimbo is coach, so there's zero chance he'll suspect McCollum if McCoy isn't 100% - but this looks to be a rough spot for the Aggies.

McCoy: Veteran A&M OL McCoy goes down with injury

McCollum: Texas A&M football player arrested for reckless driving leaving ULM game

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Apparently A&Ms starting center (McCoy) is questionable after getting his leg rolled on in the 4th quarter of their last game. That evening (after the game) the backup center (McCollum) was arrested for reckless driving and attempting to evade an officer.

I mean, Jimbo is coach, so there's zero chance he'll suspect McCollum if McCoy isn't 100% - but this looks to be a rough spot for the Aggies.

McCoy: Veteran A&M OL McCoy goes down with injury

McCollum: Texas A&M football player arrested for reckless driving leaving ULM game
This is rough because McCollum is a sophomore and I don't think they cross trained anyone on OL … So no matter how it plays out, they're in for along night. McCoy not at 100 percent... McCollum lack of experience, so it's a bad situation all round.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is rough because McCollum is a sophomore and I don't think they cross trained anyone on OL … So no matter how it plays out, they're in for along night. McCoy not at 100 percent... McCollum lack of experience, so it's a bad situation all round.
You spelled 'good' wrong.

RTR

jagvocate

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2010
McCoy will play. As for McCollum, no one is getting suspended for not seeing a bike cop honking on his little “bike horn.” Either way, apparently there’s another Matthews family brother to step up if needed.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
McCoy will play. As for McCollum, no one is getting suspended for not seeing a bike cop honking on his little “bike horn.” Either way, apparently there’s another Matthews family brother to step up if needed.
$7,000 bond - methinks maybe you're drinking the koolaid regarding McCollum not seeing a bike cop honking on his little “bike horn.”

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Yes, but that Matthews brother is a true freshman with no game experience. That's not a good formula, no matter the last name.

Last edited by a moderator:

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I've been following this situation but haven't seen anything official yet about either of their statuses, other than Jimbo thought McCoy would be ready by game time.

I hope McCoy really is healthy if he plays and doesn't have to play injured risking further injury. Either way, as long our guys stay healthy we'll be fine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.